iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I made her very HAPPY!!

Started by neslrite, December 13, 2004, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neslrite

Last night was the first night in over a year that Tammy got to park her car in the garage! Last November I told her that I was just going to borrow her 1/2 for just a week MAX!
  How many other folks don't use there garages for cars?
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

junkyard

Built a new garage 10 years ago . Never had a car in it a tractor part of one winter. use it as a shop but work outdoors.
                   Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Danny_S

What garage??  :'(  :'(   Someday I will have one, and yes it will be full of junk..
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

SwampDonkey

Yip, got my car in mine. Long side the snow blower and other 'stuff'. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawwood

We have a two car garage but with all my turning tools
 and unfinished project no way could you git a car in.
 The wife took one look last week and said here car better
 be in the garage befor the next snow falls. Guss i better
 git to work on moving stuff around.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

sprucebunny

Three car garage has seldom seen a car/truck. Full of tools and a twenty foot boat I'm fixing.
But at least I was smart enough to have a twelve foot ceiling so the backhoe, travel trailers and big trucks fit if they need to.
Usually when a vehicle needs fixing it's died out in the yard so that's where it's gonna get fixed anyway.
If I put my truck in there, where would I put the ping-pong table  ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

oldsaw

At least I don't have to move Sawwood's pile of lumber to get the car in mine...nor his "lead sled" lathe.

Mine will be done this week. Got some furniture leaving tonight, new stuff tomorrow, shop vac time, pull it in.  Not today though, I've got Cub Scouts coming in a couple of hours.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Jeff

We boarded ours up, built a fireplace and a closet in it. You would never know it other then the driveway ends at our picture window. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

My truck wouldn't fit in my garage even if I did have room for it  :-/

sandmar

LOL Jeff,we have concrete drive to the front of our sunroom,so I know what you mean. Built a 20X20 carport......read shed roof....the dogs and llamas prefer it to being in the barn so vehicles stay in driveway....I guess everything has its priorities 8)

Sandmar

Engineer

Wazzat den?  Garage, you say?  Izzat anything like a SHOP?  I have a one-car shop, and I'm gonna build me a three-car shop.  Maybe a one-tractor, two car shop.  I dunno what a GARAGE is though.   ;D

Besides, if I gots ta put the cars 'n trucks in the SHOP, where am I goin ta put all the woodworking tools, and the lumber piles, and the freezer, and the beer fridge, and the tractor, and the parts for the mill, and the chainsaws .... oh, nevermind.  You all go on using your SHOPs as GARAGEs, and see where it gets ya.  Junk in the driveway, I'll bet, and piles of STUFF behind the chicken coop.   ;) :D

Bibbyman

HAH!  I made Mary very happy just by having Alex dig a ditch so the mud hole her Durango sets in would drain! ;D

Good thing Mary does not read the Forum,  she might get the idea SHE need a garage too!  She's got a roof over her mill.  What more could a woman ask for!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Bib, thats almost funny story material. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

junkyard

I know about the junk in the driveway. The junkyard inspector stopped to see me a month  ago. Said three is the limit.Got rid of 7. He was ther only two years ago, got rid of 10 that time.
                                    Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Ianab

I dont have a garage either, I do have a 3 bay wood storage shed / workshop though  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WH_Conley

Garage? Is that the thing with the two big doors that has a wood stove, radial arm saw, table saw, gang box, heck I aint listing all of it. Been here eight years and never saw a car in it.
Bill

leweee

Garage for vehicles...what a strange concept....had two trucks in the last 15 years ,niether have seen the inside of that 2 car garage(now my heated woodshop) I can at least come in and warmup while working on the truck in the driveway(aka.snowdrift) :o ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Kirk_Allen

Garage?

We park in the DRIVEway and Drive on the PARKway.  That space next to the house with no heat and one big door is a holding pen.

It holds all my wood shop tools, lawn tools, outdoor toys, etc.

Never have figured out the definition of Garage ;D

When we made the big move to the farm...............well thats another story.

My wife claimed the one car garage next to the house immediately.  She said: "This is my space!"  "You have the big garage you can put your stuff in.  This one is MINE!"

I never realized she wanted a garage so bad.  Whats in it now?
Gardening tools, A riding lawn mower, push mower, Antique Hutch she is restoring, Antique Pie Safe she is restoring, Hose, Extension cords, etc. etc.

Oh, almost forgot ............NO CAR!  It sits outside the garage because she has so much stuff in the garage :D :D :D :D

WoodSmith

Garage? Never heard of it
Sounds a little confusing to me.
So do you park your car in the shop
and work on stuff in the garage or visa versy?

OneWithWood

Being a non-conformist at heart I sold the motorcycle shop inventory a few years back, cleaned out both bays and began parking cars in it.  Put in an automatic garage door opener and thought I had gone to heaven :o ;D :) :D :D :P
Not having to clear ice, snow, and mud off the windshield when I wanted to go somewhere got to be such ecstasy that I built a large workshop with three garage doors in it.  Now the beater 4x4 and my wife's van get to set out of the weather and I can work on the tractor, be warm, listen to tunes, and find the tools and things I drop - man this is living!!!  I put a 20x30 open bay on the end with a light and air line in it to work on the crawler.
Yeah, I may be unmerican but somebody has to be the odd man out :)  :D :D ;D 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Murf

Ewww, good job the missus doesn't read this stuff, I'd be in trouble for just reading about stuff in the garage OTHER than a car....  ;D

When  we moved to the place we're in now a few years back she laid down the law, the 2 car garage attached to the house was HERS, period.  >:(

I am permitted to place only, firewood, neatly stacked in the designated place, and the cars in there, or else.

However, on the other hand, MY shop is off limits to her stuff, other than if it is a 'work in progress' such as refinishing old furniture or painting something. Even then she's not allowed to complain about saw dust, welding fumes or grinding stuff, and she has to work around my schedule.

Probably just as well, with my luck (and last name, Murphy's Law ?) I'd probably scratch her Bimmer and be in the dog-house for a week, and Deputy Dog snores !   ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!