iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Stihl 650

Started by racer9, December 13, 2004, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racer9

???I just recieved Stihl`s newsletter via E-Mail. What is up with this new MS650? It says all the features if the MS660, but at a lower value price. Is it a home owner version of the 660, or what?
I have never owned a 660, my primary saws are 460 MAGS, and yes ( don`t laugh ) a MS310. What is the difference between a 660, and the 650/ Just wandering what Stihl is up to now.
Thanks, Rod
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

rahtreelimbs

I have been hearing about this saw for a month or so. Are any pics or power information available yet???
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Lewis Brander

Hello racer9. From what I hear about Sthil is that they are leaning more towards the consumer type of saws. Don't know if that's a wise move for them. I'm waiting for them to show up for sale at Wally World and Lowes. Ha, wouldn't that be something. Take care guys. Lewis.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

SasquatchMan

From what I can tell (check Stihlusa.com) that 650 is not quite the performer the 660 is.  It almost reminds me of the 372xp vs the 365 packages Husky offers.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

sawguy21

I asked our Stihl rep about it yesterday. It is a 85cc pro saw designed to bridge the gap between the 460 (77cc) and 660 (92cc) and go head to head with the Husky 385.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

stihltech

A 660 with less displacement. Reminds me of an 064.

Thank You Sponsors!