iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tire Pressure Gauge

Started by Mooseherder, April 12, 2017, 03:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

I deal with all ranges of pressure gauges at work from 10 psi to 10,000. I always have said if I have two that read the same, one is broken.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Den Socling

I wonder what the NFL uses to check the pressure of footballs.  :D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

I hope the Gauge monitoring 10,000 psi is accurate Lee! :o

sandhills

Heck, I'm just glad Lee's the one working on that tire!  :D :D :D

Kbeitz

The first general pressure gauge was invented around 1850, and it's called the Bourdon-tube gauge. Britannica.com says this type of gauge is still one of the most commonly used instruments for measuring liquid and gas pressure.

According to Geeksoncars.com, soon after the rubber tire was developed, so too was a way to test its pressure. They trace the first tire pressure gauge back to the early 1900s. Over the last 100 or so years, tire pressure gauges have evolved from those pencil-thin ones to a variety of gauges that range in size and accuracy.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

DR_Buck

--- I have both low and high pressure gauges for the ATVs and the vehicles.   Broke down last year and bought a commercial analog pressure gauge unit.   Appears to be pretty accurate for high pressure stuff 50 psi and up.

--- I like Magic Man have an after market TPMS on my F450 and camper.   It works very well.

---  Wife's Toyota 4Runnwer has 200,000 miles and several bad sensors.  The light stays on.   Replacement sensors are cheap, but they need to be programmed to the vehicle and Toyota wants a lot of money to install their own sensors and will not program aftermarket sensors.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

John S

My daughter buys her tires from Costco and keeps a pressure gauge in her vehicle.  She had a slow leak and went back to the Costco tire shop several times with it.  On her last visit, she went in with her gauge in hand.  The young lady (manager) saw the device (in her hand) and asked my daughter what it was!  When my daughter explained its purpose, the young mechanic was astounded and commented that she would be telling her co-workers about her discovery.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Thank You Sponsors!