iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat Melroe 751 engine issue.

Started by MartyParsons, April 10, 2017, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
   We purchased this machine about a year ago. Had about 900 hours, went over it and changed the filters. I could see someone had the injection pump removed. It has the Kubota Diesel engine.

We added the grapple and it worked ok. It seemed that the governor or engine rpm would change at times when it warmed up. I was ready to remove the injection pump and take a look. I did not have a manual, I asked a friend who owns a rental company. He said he was ask the guy who works on these all the time. Time went by and it seemed to fix itself.
Someone walked in to the shop last week and dropped off a part and said this will fix your problem.  ???. I was not there at the time and had no idea. I asked a friend and he said his buddy stopped in and fixed my issue.  ??? I was like what? I did notice it now had a oil leak under on the floor. Today I went into investigation mode on Google.I had a part # that he had dropped off. Raised the cab and started looking. Found this.

Sorry I did not get a picture of it dissembled but I had my finger in the outlet while Chelsea was putting it together. Did not loose much oil.

I thought I might post what I found so it may help someone else who may have the same machine.

I would say the filter or found the filter is for the case drain on the pump motors. It was plugged and could of caused some serious damage as much as the engine was laboring. I did have a operator manual but there is nothing about this filter in that book.
I guess it is time to get a repair manual .

I never did get a repair bill for the part or even know who fixed it as per a name. I am sure I will but it will be worth every penny spent.

Thanks!

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!