iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fortune cookie

Started by Den Socling, April 07, 2017, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I don't want to sound like I'm gloating but here is a happy story to offset some of the bad news we have had here lately. I have been trying to get my vac kilns accepted and sold for more than 30 years. I literally spent many miserable years sitting alone in a little office wondering why I couldn't get a response from any companies I had tried to convince my ideas were good. I drove for miles and miles making cold calls trying to get some company to trust in me. Well, the last couple years have been good. We have been selling a lot of vac kilns but today was extraordinary. I sold 3 today for a total of more than $387,000. Wow! We ate Chinese tonight. My fortune cookie said "How about another fortune?"   8)  8)

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Den Socling

yukon cornelius

That is some great news! I am always happy to here of of others success.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Den Socling

Thank you. I thought it was a happy story but I was afraid that people would think I was a bragging pig.

Don P

Brag on  ;D, Congrats!

LeeB

Perseverance paid off. Congratulations Den. Are you anywhere near recouping investment in the project yet?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sandhills

I would never say that, I raise cattle and crops for a living, we had a great year a few years back on both, doesn't happen often been when it does you just have to seize the moment, good for you Den!

Den Socling

LeeB it is hard to say. Years of frustration were hard. My wife and I struggled hard with finances. If I think about those hard times, I would say the hardship will never be recouped. But Patti and I couldn't be happier now. So it's hard to answer. 

LeeB

Satisfaction with were you are and what you have achieved is a major milestone in itself. My hat's off to you and all of the rest of you who have gone it on your own instead of working for the man. I've just never been able to let go of that nipple.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Roxie

Thank you for sharing GOOD news.  It's always good to hear that perseverance and hard work paid off.  ATTA BOY!   8)
Say when

Den Socling

reedco

Let the past grow dimmer and the future be
brighter, Congratulations!!

Not many trees

21incher

Congratulations, l see a future  Forestry Forum sponsor . 8) 8) 8)
I thought the cookie may have read
May your future be full of mothless Molsons.  ;D ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Den Socling

Mothless Molsons!  :D  :D  :D  :D

Brucer

Den, there's a big difference between bragging and celebrating with your friends :). Congratulations.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Den Socling

Thank you Brucer. And I thank you again for solving my hot water problem. Do you remember that? I do.

Thank You Sponsors!