iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Masters

Started by gump, April 07, 2017, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gump

My favourite golf tournament. Usually marks the start of spring here! Wondering why the azaleas are not in bloom in Georgia?? Cold spring there?
Go Rickie!!

Holmes

I almost went 10 years ago.  Maybe next year. I do enjoy watching it.
Think like a farmer.

WDH

The azaleas have already bloomed and gone.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

petefrom bearswamp

I too watch this tournament altho I havent played the game since 1976.
I read somewhere that the officials were worried about the early azealea bloom.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

petefrom bearswamp

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on April 08, 2017, 07:59:44 AM
I too watch this tournament altho I havent played the game since 1976.
I read somewhere that the officials were worried about the early azealea bloom.
I thought I saw a few blossoms, was this another species of shrub?
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

gump

Quote from: WDH on April 08, 2017, 07:55:36 AM
The azaleas have already bloomed and gone.

Thanks WDH, Late spring here thats why I asked. Magnolias must have all bloomed out as well.
Ha Ha Rickie had a good round!! & Look at Freddie Couples go!

sawguy21

I watched some of it yesterday, the wind was resulting in some high scores. I think the cut was 6 over which is pretty grim.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

I like to play it but cant stand watching it ??? go figure

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If any of you watched The Masters today, there were a lot of blooming Azaleas.
Quiet a few were brought in and planted from green houses. Some were actually sprayed with a
"Crushed Ice" days and weeks ago to hold off the blooming until now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-masters-azaleas-flowers-where-are-they-2017-3
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

I had commented to my wife that maybe they brought in some from a diferent source.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Woodmonkey

I am 70 miles south of Augusta, and on the night of March 15/16 temps dipped into the 20s, turning my azalea and blueberry blooms brown.
Woodland Mills HM126, Kubota GST 4240 with grapple bucket, Ford 8N, Husqvarna 455 Rancher chainsaw.

DanG

I have been fortunate to have had some pretty cool experiences in my life, and working at the Masters for 15 years ranks up there with the coolest. What made it so cool was being issued my own golf cart upon which to prowl the premises and see all of the background facilities that makes it possible. They maintain a sizable nursery over in the back corner where they keep hundreds of azaleas in pots to fill in the gaps in certain places. If that fails, they will haul in plants from elsewhere. Even the best laid plans of mice, men, and unlimited funds cannot always fool Mother Nature. The early spring and late freeze defeated them this year, but the place is still beautiful.  :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

The pimento and cheese sandwiches are excellent  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!