iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutterboy

My father tagged me with the name when I was 13 years old. He caught me doing something he did not want me to do. He was very angry! For my punishment I had to cut down all the trees along a stone wall beside a field.(about 200') Then anything large enough for firewood I had to cut to stove lenth. All of this was done with a hand saw.

On a Saturday when I was about half done my cutting, the family was thinking of going to a movie. At lunch my brother asked my father if we were all going. Dad answered,"All of us except the cutterboy". The name just stuck.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

J_T

I have to pick one I can half way rember :) So I used J T which is short for James Thomas and they call me Jim . :)
Jim Holloway

pigman

Before I bought my mill I raised a lot of pigs. ;D
Bob the ex pigman.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WoodSmith

My last name is Smith and seeins how the name Smith came from people who had a trade such as blacksmith coppersmith tinsmith, a like to work with wood so I thought woodsmith would be good, yes I know there is a magazine called woodsmith.

Teddles

My name is T Edmeades so my email at one stage along the way was tedmeades@. Friends started calling me Ted, but this one fella always said 'HEY TEDDLES!'. It stuck. It's my only memory of the guy now!  :o

And these Santa and elf icons are so cool!!!   ;D

ARKANSAWYER

I am what I am and that is all I can be.  Because I am it can just be.  So therefore it be I am ARKANSAWYER.
  People do notice it and most can remember it even if they can not spell it.  Most just call me ARKY unless I am passing myself off as Bibbyman. ;D

ARKANSAWYER

WV_hillbilly

it's a where I grew up thing . I was born and raised in West Virginia. I moved to Ohio when I got married , But I can look out my kitchen window and see the Ohio River and the GREAT state of West Virginia. I mostly work in WV and do alot of hunting over there .

I think it's alot better than my brother's screenname used to be .  His was"CornFed"  . As in what we feedour animals on the farm . You know like Jeff's theroy on what grits are good for . Like him I will eat my grits after the pig has been cut and wrapped .
Hillbilly

CHARLIE

My mom named me Charles and people call me Charlie.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

etat

Wanted something I could remember anytime, anywhere. besides without my wife I'd a never made it in life as far as I have.  In fact it was a big struggles for both of as and I wouldn't want to be without her.  Married to a real good woman for 23 years.

cktate----------------charles and kim tate
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Woodcarver

When I joined the forum I recycled a username that I had used previously when surfing the net in search of tools or information relating to my hobby.

Had I thought about it a little more, I would probably have called myself Country_Boy in keeping with the line from the country song to the left.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Bruce_A

my mother,  I couldn't remember another.

Paschale

This is a great thread!  My name really doesn't have anything to do with me at all.   ::) No interesting story.  Basically, just picked a word that I know I'll get a login and password at the very first try, cuz I got sick of everywhere I went, having to try a bunch of different names.  This was from one of my music history classes back in college that just popped into my head one day...it's from a Gregorian chant, Victimae Paschale Laudes, which basically means "all praise to the Paschal Lamb," and the "victimae" part refers to the crucifixion. It was sung at Easter time in the church in the middle ages.  We had to listen to all kinds of Gregorian chant in music history, and this one I really liked for some reason, and it always stuck in my mind.  One day, I want to compose a piece of music based on it.  So, when I was searching for a random word, that no one else would most likely use at webpages, Paschale popped into my head, and it stuck.  So, though I've never in my life been called "Paschale," it's funny that now, through the FF, I am!   ;D  It's set in stone, now that WV_Hillbilly made me a cool scrollsaw nameplate.   8)

Oh...if anyone wants to hear this particular tune, you can check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006B1OC/qid=1102913158/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3618236-4862310?v=glance&s=classical

Scroll down and listen to track seven.

Oh...and btw...I don't sit around listening to Gregorian Chant!   ;)

Oh...and for what it's worth...it's pronounced puh-SKOlly.  ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

VA-Sawyer

I thought that Arky had a great handle !   After giving it a little thought, I figured I might get away with VA-Sawyer. So far it has worked.  ;D

Timber_Framer

I had just finished a frame when I found this forum and needed a nick, TF sounded like a good one.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

sprucebunny

I love the woods and the trees and the animals. Even in the serious cold of January, soft critters with big ears (&big feet!) are hopping around under the young conifer trees leaving m&m s for the dog.
It's the first thing that came to mind.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

TN_man

I am a big Tennessee fan and my blood runs orange.
Good luck Hokie against the Auburn tigers--we didn't fare so well in the SECCG against them.
Proud to be a red-neck. 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

edsaws

My names Ed and I gotta lotta saws as in chain saws, table saw, band saw, miter saw, cicular saw, jig saw, scroll saw, hole saw, hack saw, bow saw, coping saw, gent saw, back saw, see saw,sawsall and last my homemade bandmill  ???

sawhead

Subscribed to a timber processing mag, that has free subscriptions if you are in the timber industry ,they require you to give your job title so I put in headsawyer, when they starting sending the mag , the mailing label had my name then they listed the job title as sawhead , my boss saw it and the name stuck .
The journey of a thousand miles begins
with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire

breederman

Some of my customers kids gave it to me,as in"hey dad the breederman is here!" It's what I do so why not?
Together we got this !

OneWithWood

The name was bestowed upon me by a Cherokee lady I work with to recognize my love of the forest and my far removed Iroquois ancestry.  
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

KENROD

Well, it just came kinda natural like.

Kenny Rhodes

Texas Ranger

Was a Texas State Forester for a while, got called forest ranger a lot by the uninitiated.  When the web came along it seemed appropriate.  Some forums it is truncated into TRanger, or on some, The Ranger.  Depends on the forum.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

MULE_MAN

Had Horse's & Mules since I can remember, Used to ride smaller Mules
coon hunting, & started getting big Mules for trail riding & hunting in the mountains
When somebody had a question about buying a Mule or anything
pertaining to Mules. I would get a finger pointed at me they would say
ask the Mule Man he'll know. Raised several Mules & sold several
over the years.  MISSOURI MULES  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

neslrite

Mine is a combination of my two jobs, New England Saw and Lumber and LogRite Tools.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

leweee

First name is Lewis...hence leweee....need i say more ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!