iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, in a former life as a telephone equipment technician I would get the call on the really difficult cases.whiteflag_smiley  After I arrived, the problems usually disappeared......like magic.smiley_thumbsup  My co-workers nicknamed me the Magicman, and after these many years, they still call me Magicman. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I am going to start calling you the Cherry-Magic Man after seeing that cherry lumber you just sawed  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Thanks WDH.  And thanks FF for a great read......all 16 pages and 300 post.  In my short time here you have learned a bit about me, and now I know a bit about some of you.  You are truly a great bunch..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I thought I was already in this thread, but I guess not!

Anyhow, my username is just me.   I am into so many forums, it would be confusing to have a different username for each of them, so I just use my own!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Meadows Miller

Gday

This is the reason for my username  ;) Ive loved them since i saw this one getting put together out of the box by my Grandfather,Uncles and Dad back in 84  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

the old girl should be up and running like new  ;D within the next few months as ive just taken on a business partener  ;) ;D 8) 8) but then again hes also got me looking into a brand new auto meadows aswell  :o :) but we'll see what happens as i reckon we could upgrade this one to auto for about $30K extra ;) ;D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

mcfcfan

Got mine when i came to live in New Zealand some 16 years ago.
MCFC are the initials of my favorite soccer team Manchester City Football Club, the FAN is exactly that fan.
I still played a little bit when i came over and the local guys just used to call me mcfc for some reason, still really not sure why, i think it was because they only new of Manchester United at that time.
:'( ::)
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

motohed

It started The day I was born , We just didn't know it yet . My dad was proud and is proud , My mom worked days and my dad worked third shift . I was with him every minute of every day when I was a baby until I started school we did just about every thing together . He taught me everything  and I mean everything , how to fix rearend gears anything mechanical ,weld and fabricate any thing you name it ,he was and  he is smart ! He even taught me to drive standard when I was four , my uncle drove up , my dad and I were just driving the old truck all over the field ,well I was driving he was riding , and I seen my favorite uncle and stopped ! He walked up to the door , and joked with dad , and in the process called me motohead . My father reamed him out . I was no motohead and my name was Scott ! My uncle , said the usual sorry , and everything was as if it never happened ! Well it did , I heard it and I liked it .I thought it was cool. I knew better than to interrupt an adult when they were talking ,but when they finished I piped up and ask dad ,why can't I be motohead ! He answered in that voice we all know , Because I said so ! Well that was that ,and I knew better than to challenge  again.   I started to learn to read and write with my father , before I ever started school which was a short time after that . I was also learning to spell ,and on the side I was  trying to spell motohead , but I spelled it by myself and it came out motohed ,over and over . Well My dad was looking through the spelling he was teaching me an seen I had spelled motohed ,he  said good job but thats not the way to spell your old motohed , he giggled an said let it go son . Well I did , and a couple month past and dad got a new jeep ,(new to him) he was happy and said to mom he was going to jack it up and do something . Well I heard that and got busy , I was going to do him proud ! I got the two bumper jacks and jacked it all the way up one on each end perfect ! I'm getting ready to climb under and next thing I know my fathers got me , and he's beating my you know what , and I am screaming at the top of my lungs ! Next thing I know he's got me up hugging me so hard I can't even breath ! The new jeep is still up on the two jacks about 3 feet off the ground ! He calms down , mom calms down ,here I am shocked and holding my rear end with one hand and both of them with the other , we are sitting on the door step . we sit there for what seems like a long time  to me ! He finally gets up says son don't ever do that again you could have been hurt or killed ! ( well my rear end was hurt and I felt like I was killed ) He said with all I have taught you , I have never thought to teach you the most important lesson of all , safety ! He was mad ,upset with himself ! I think mom was mad at him a little too ,and I think it's the only time I ever seen him shed a tear ! He started walking to the jeep with me watching , it fell before he got there and snapped the axle off ,he turned to me an said see ! Well you bet I seen and I was  smart too ! I was lucky to get that safety lesson from dad , not the experience  ! I still spell things wrong all the time , nut  I always remember safety ! Oh and I also remember dad calling my favorite uncle , hearing him say , wait till I tell you what your little motohed did today ! Oh I forgot about the jeep , funny it never moved and we never had bumper jacks after that experience .I asked dad when I was older if I could have that jeep and he said over his dead body !  He is still alive ,and its in the same place ,and I shiver forty five years later , when I go home to see dad ! My mom's been gone over twelve years now , dad and I sit on the step  and we can feel her holding us . I still drive fast and take chances !  Ride it like you stole it   ,  has always been my motto !

Ole CB

I don't have near the story that motohed does.

When I joined the USN they decided that I'd be a BU (Builder/Carpenter) in the SeaBees (CB). This was at a time when if you let people know you were in the service you would most likely be spit on and called baby killer.  I'm older now and happily things have changed...    As a carpenter, I've worked on from tunnels to highrises. Some of my best and worst memories are from the Bee's! Still have the same attitude. If you ever have the chance to watch the movie, "John Wayne and The Fighting SeaBees." there is a scene you should pay close attention to. This old dragline operator snags an enemy soldier in his bucket, jumps out and shoots the guy, then releases the bucket and drops him, another Bee runs up and asks, "Why'd ya shoot him." the answer is, "I was afraid the fall would kill him!"

ed

easymoney

on page one someone mentioned mixing oxygen and acetylene in a baloon to make a boom. in the late 78s i was working for an auto dealership body shop in nashville one day business was slow and someone came in with a baloon, he handed it to me and i turned on the oxygen and then a bit of acetylenr to blow it up. i tied it off when it was about as big as a basketball and threw it on the floor. one of the other fellows threw a cigarette at it it wen fooom and the rafters shook. people came from the front showroom wanting to know what blew up. a brown cloud slowly drifted from the rafters. it was lucky that no one was holding the baloon when it was hit with that cigarette. i will have to say do not try that at home.
oh where my user name came from. for some one reason a friend used to call me easy money every time he saw me. he was the only one who has ever called me that. i thought that might be better than some things i have been called. ;D

sawdust

I have often been grateful for the names that did not stick! Some would be difficult to explain.

sawdust, cause my pockets usually have some.
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Brad_bb

Mine comes from my name.  I have two b's in my last name.  It was also one of my first email addresses.  I use the same name on the other forums I haunt - Timber framers guild, Chevytalk, yesterdays tractors, Performance years pontiac, and a number of others.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

mad murdock

When I was younger, I was a bit crazy, whatever I did, I attacked it head on, full steam ahead.  I started flying airplanes at 16, and about the same time the A-team was a hit show on TV.  My buddies in HS, started calling me mad murdock, after the character on the A-Team show.  Still involved in aviation after all of these years, between stints in the woods, now and again to keep the "itch" satisfied, along with carving out a board now and again.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Buck

Allright folks....Thomas Theodore Switzer III....I didnt even make it home from the hospital and dad had nicknamed me Buck....You will see me around as Buck, Bucko,daddybucko@yahoo.com,Thomas, Tom, Big tom,       Just dont call me late for supper.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buck

???  hmmmm, hadnt worn that one.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Rooster

I started out on this forum through an invitation by Jim_Rogers.  I became a member in the hopes of drumming up some support for an up coming public barn raising that I was co-hosting...and since Jim used his name, so did I   (Craig Roost).  But I have had the nick-name Rooster for as long as I can remember.  In fact, every male child in our family since Great-grand dad came over on the boat in 1906 has had that nickname once we started school.  It's hard for the other kids not to make the "fun connection".

So just recently Jeff let me change my username to Rooster. 

And just like I told my son when he started school....

Don't get upset, it's going to be your name from now on,...wear it with pride!
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Buck

Jeff, we do get Monday night football on wednesday and they pump sunshine in here twice dailly but I was with you on the LFS. :D

01crewcab

I drive an 01 Ford crewcab, not much more to it than that. ;)
2100(2),480, 281, 181,372XPW, 460,435,350,61(4),51-Huskys
49SP, 630Super(3),670's(4), 830, 920, 930 Jonsered's
S-XL925 Homelite
SP125C, 790, 250, 1010 Macs
27Ton Troybilt Splitter
NRA Life Endowment Member
Viet Nam Vet

wood monger

Back when I was an urban forester,(part owner of a tree service), people always stopped to ask what we were doing with the wood. We used to call them wood buzzards or wood vultures. When I joined this forum I didn't want to be a buzzard or vulture, so I opted for monger. I believe this implies that I sell firewood, but I don't, I just always keep my ear to the ground to hear of any cheap,(free), wood. I heat with wood so I'm always looking for it.

petefrom bearswamp

Nothin fancy just my name and where I live
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

jdtuttle

Jim Douglas Tuttle Hill Road, JDTuttle
Have a great day

Planman1954

I draw house plans...for 32 years....born in '54. Hence the handle...Planman1954.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

jamesamd

I'm a disabled Vet,memory ,not very good,head injury....1975 april I think....
Name,James....first computer I built by myself in 1995 needed a logon I could remember.
I had used a AMD CPU,I think it was a 200 MHZ chip with Win 95.

Only name I've ever used,'cause I can remember it!
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Pudge

Named a cat Pudge cause when she sat down as a kitten she looked like a fat budda man with all her hair fluffed out. Couldn't come up with anything else and I am pudgy so it fit.

Thank You Sponsors!