iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMERC

Quote from: 3584ELK on December 07, 2005, 10:31:11 PM
I am a big elk hunter, and like most of you folks, post on more than one forum.  SO...my favorite elk rifle is chambered to .358 Norma Magnum, hence 358, then 4 to substitute as "for" and the ELK is self explanatory.  So, 358 for elk.   I even had a Colorado license plate made with that moniker!   :)
why such large artillery.
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

DWM II

Been reading thru, heres me. Born Donald Wayne Myers II. named after my dads best friend who by coeincidence had the same last name as his. He didnt make it back from Veitnam. I got named in his honor. I chose LA. Sawyer because thats what I what to be and with the help and advice I am slowly learning to be that. Thanks to folks like everyone here that anserwers these posts. I wasnt trying to rip-off Arky or Va. ;D
Stewardship Counts!

DanG

LA. SAWYER makes a good user name, but I keep thinkin' you're from Lower Alabama until I look at your location. ;) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

I keep thinking he's milling in Lost Angels, but it don't take long to relize that wouldn't be practical. :D

Jeff

Thats what I think everytime I see it, then I think Cheech and Chong, then it gets weird. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sgtmaconga

I got mine because of my place on the police department. i'm a sergeant, in macon, ga.
Measure twice cut once

blaze83

Well, I just use my nickname  blaze  short for blasenhauer and the year I graduated from hish school   1983   hence  Blaze83 .......wish I had a better story :D
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

DWM II

Cheech and Chong! Thats funny. Nope Im a long way from that LA, thank God. I might have to consider a new handle. Do they even have trees left in Los Angles? What can you build with those palms in Beverly Hills?

Donnie
Stewardship Counts!

Tom

QuoteWhat can you build with those palms in Beverly Hills?

They're working on Jesus Christ, but I don't think they have realized yet that there will be only one.  :D

scgargoyle

On a lot of forums, I'm flgargoyle (Florida + gargoyle). But since all I care about anymore is getting up to my woodlot in South Carolina, I figured scgargoyle is more where my head (and heart) is at. Why gargoyle? As I get older, I'm startin' to look like one!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

DWM II

Couldnt stand it no longer, had to get some seperation from Los Angles and Cheech and Chong. ;)
Stewardship Counts!

WDH

My initials.  In the company I started with, all inter-office correspondence was with your initials,  so it kinda stuck.   

Also easy to remember!  I enjoyed reading and learning a little about the members here; this should be required reading for all new members. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

DWM II, I'm sorta glad you changed your user name, in a way.  It's not that LA. SAWYER wasn't a good name, 'cause it was a really good one.  But, your real name has a lot of meaning.  Your Dad named you after someone he really respected.  By honoring him, he has honored you even more.  Wear that name with pride!  Whenever I see the name "DWM II", I'll think "Donald Wayne Myers", and I'll know where it came from. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

saddletramp

Lots of good stories here. Back in younger wilder days ranches in the sandhills would hire day hands in the spring. Work at a ranch for 2 or 3 days maybe a week, collect your pay and they would send ya down the road to another ranch. Do the same there. Rode the sandhills quite a bit South Dakota some and even lease ground on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Worked mostly cattle but a few buffallo too. Ranchers called us saddle tramps. Many fond memories but too old to do it now. Thats my story.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

Raider Bill

My Passion, the Oakland Raiders. I was named Raider Bill by a long time friend many years ago while we served together in SEA Although, most years lately it's been a hard name to have. MAybe next year....................
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

LedlieLogs

My great grandfather, his wife and another couple came to America together. The New World. They both had son's in the first year, born within a week of each other. Our side the "Conger" side and there side the "Ledlie" side. The son on our side was named Ledlie Conger and the son on the Ledlie side was named Conger Ledlie. I'm the III and my son is the IV. The "logs" came from my board of directors at the camp. I did not want to look at kit cabins for the camp, wanted to mill and build myself. So in there love for my hard headed ways the saying "Ledlie Logs, No Kit, No S#@%" came to be. I still wear it with pride. One little cabin built and more on the way for less money than just one kit.
LedlieLogs
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

blueduck

blueduck was my chosen cb handle way back when two ways were fashionable [like they ever werent or still arent?] and as the internet came about being available to me i just naturally progressed to using it, found out i could get by with the haxoring kids if i changed my blueduck to Blu3duk and all of a sudden i had split personalities, and i got more knowledge of computers to the point my sawmill set for a whole year without me doing more than starting it up a couple times to make sure it was still runnable and to keep the wasps out of it....

so i am present on the net with a couple of handles but they are still me or I them.  and once in awhile at a rendezvous you can ketch ole blueduck a shooting fer hair.

William
Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.
- John Dretschmer

Blue Duck

Well a half dozen years ago I started taking on other peoples coon dogs to train and needed to declare it as a business in order to take my allotted deductions from my income taxes for the IRS.  I decided to call it Ghost River Kennels.  I'm also a waterfowler and a huge Lonesome Dove fan so my, like the other gentleman, my CB handle has been Blue Duck since about 1992 and that's the username that I go by an another dozen or so message boards.  This morning I noticed a post by blue duck and thought "I didn't type that" and realized I wasn't he only duck here.  Sure enough he was here first so I changed my handle to my logging business name Ghost River Timber Company.  But if your ever in western NC  and you see a good looking old International straight truck go by with a shiny blue paint job, Im still answering to Blue Duck on 19.
I don't know what your ambitions are in life..
but you ain't gonna get them done drinkin decafe coffee

sparks

Back when I worked in the automotive repair industry, I was working under the hood when my watch band touched a hot wire and the engine block at the same time. Sparks went flying off my wrist and my sympathetic coworkers gave me the name. Haven't worn a watch when I'm working on equipment since.  :-\
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Hi-Country Orange

my wm 70 runs @ 9500' to 10,000' most of the time so i figure that qualifies as Hi- Country Orange 8)

jbeat

Short for John Beathard. Helen and Harold layed the name on me 55 years ago. Been called many other things since-jbeat is one of the better.
John B

thecfarm

Would like to see how the new members got thier user names.This makes for some nice reading.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

metalspinner

That's what I do for a living.  It's kind of a mouthful, or should I say a fingerful to type, but "Spinner" was taken when I signed up.  It's a cool thing to see, but the large production runs are boring, so I check in here every now and then to see what's new. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Loghead

I just seem to always have my favorite (Loghead) hat on and am destin to be a Loghead!
lovin anything handcrafted with logs!!

fishman

when ya have the only fresh fish market in 100 mile radius, they ain't much else to be called ;D

Thank You Sponsors!