iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Batten Down the Hatches!

Started by Norm, December 12, 2004, 05:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

The weather forecast today has the winds gusting up to 55mph! Sustained winds of 45mph. Problem is the weather service always underestimates these winds by about 10.

Second deer season started yesterday but not much chance of me being out in the woods with that much wind. >:(

Haytrader

::)

Norn,

You could use the wind to your advantage. They won't be able to smell ya from one direction.

;D
Haytrader

Kirk_Allen

Norm,
Our Muzzloader season is this weekend.  I got back from New Mexico Friday night and wake up to freezing rain and wind.  No rain today but the winds are whipping pretty good.  Looks like a good weekend to type on the computer and drink coffee.

I was going to cut some wood today but the windchill puts it at 0.  I dont think I need to cut that bad today.

They are calling for 40 mph gust hear.  I think we hit that this morning.  Our yard has more limbs to be picked up that I can imagine.  

pappy

Norm you're lucky you can close your Hatches cause we can't even find ours.  ::)

We got 17" of snow in this last storm.  That landed on top of the 12 we already had on the ground.

The evergreens are taking a beating as the first 8" was wet heavy snow that froze and stuck to the branches which made all the snow just hang on.  We could use some wind but not 55 mph.  :o  :o

And now it's time to shovel the roofs. UGH

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Woodcarver

This is the last day of our late deer season here.  I had thought that I might spend the afternoon in the woods.  Aint going to happen. We're getting the wind here,too.

I don't care to be among the popple in our woods when it's blowing hard, especially after as much rain as we've had in the last couple of weeks.  The don't call them quaking aspen for nothin.  ::)  
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Norm

Most times I don't mind hunting in the wind, the deer tend to bed down harder and still hunting is my prefered method. 55mph wind though brings down the branches in the dead elms. We have until next weekend and my sons are going to hunt with me then so I'm not too disappointed in not going out today.

Pappy you can keep that snow, we've not had any bad weather here yet, got up at 6:00 and the neighbor was out chiseling his field...bachelor. ::)

CHARLIE

Norm, up here in New Richmond, Wisconsin the wind has been blowing very hard all day! :o  It's still blowing hard and coming from the north. It's just whining and whistling out there and every once in a while I hear a bump or crash. Don't know what that is. Sure glad I'm in the house. I bet the deer and anything else out there is all hunkered down.    
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

pappy

Norm,

That white stuff up in these parts is considered white gold.  The snowmobiler's and skiers spend big bucks to play on it. Minimal impact :D  
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

WH_Conley

Not much snow coming down, but it's coming down sideways, time to throw another log on the fire and pute for awhile
Bill

Furby

They reported 18' waves along the lakeshore near here, over the last 24 hours. They only get that big a couple of times a year, here. Didn't make it out there myself, but LOTS of people were out watching the waves.

etat

The last few days the winds have started howling and the mornings are cold.  On top of a roof has suddenly increased by 10 fold as my least favorite place to be. The winds are far from being 55 mph but they are still extremely annoying and will ocassionally try to take your shingle out of your hand or try to slap you in the face with it.  ???
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!