The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Andy White.....MEMORIAL  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
Re: Andy White.....MEMORIAL
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:36 pm »
Martha presented me with a surprise gift that was also an example of her artistic talent.  LINK
The tiny Hoot Owl resting in that Walnut Knot will have a special place at the Cabin.  Thank You Martha.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline POSTONLT40HD

• Senior Member x2
  • G29
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 09:19:21 pm »
Thank you for the kind words Nancy. You know what I'm talking about.
Love you guys!
Goat.
I'm thinking......

Offline Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • Proverbs 13:20
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 08:46:09 pm »
Thank you Andy for being our friend. It was a joy to create these benches in your memory. Made from magic walnut pulled from the same forest from which you made my treasured box you presented to Tammy and I at the pigroast you attended. The plaques were made from slices of a puddingstone I picked up in my favorite U.P. forest, and of course supported by legs created by Kevin and Tammy at Logrite/ Riteleg.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 11:01:31 pm »
This is such a fitting tribute to our Friend and Forestry Forum Brother, Andy White.  It is ironic that the Memorial Benches' origin stretches across the entire United States from the Gulf of Mexico to the Great Lakes.  Slices of a Mississippi Walnut log and slices of a Michigan Puddingstone joined together with Love.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline yukon cornelius

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 12:35:38 am »
Awesome! He was such a great man. That is an awesome tribute.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!
Ezboardwalk Jr.
10 extension
Shingle and lap siding attachment.
Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Offline nmericle53

• I'm not new anymore!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 12:05:42 am »
Wow! These are so beautiful. No words to describe how I feel right now. Jeff this is just perfect and Andy would definitely put his seal of approval on these!!! Such a fitting memorial to honor such a wonderful man who truly loved this forum and everyone on here. Love the way these benches turned out. I know that who ever sits on them will feel the love that went into making them. One day maybe I will be able to feel that love sitting on these. Thank you Jeff for the loving memorial and thank you all who made donations to make this possible.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Offline Martha White Nelson

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new! Not so new now!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 12:15:39 pm »
These benches are AWESOME.  What a beautiful and lasting tribute these are to Andy!  That magic boomerang walnut sure has it's way of getting around,  and the puddingstones are the extra added touch. Thanks everyone, for the thoughts, kind words, visits, and prayers helping our family get through this rough time.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:24 am »
Sadly I missed taking a picture of the "Andy White Memorial Benches". 

Be assured that these benches were well used and were actually moved to more prominent positions several times during the two day Pig Roast event.  I told several people as did Jeff and Marty about Andy and the significance of those two benches.  Many members remembered Andy and valued his contributions to the Forestry Forum.  Andy's warm heart will continue to be remembered through the thoughtfulness of Nancy and the generosity of the FF members that made these Memorial Benches possible.