iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Andy White.....MEMORIAL

Started by Magicman, April 05, 2017, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Nancy called me this afternoon.  It is by her request that all memorial gifts in Andy's name be made to the Forestry Forum.  She feels like the "normal" charitable organizations are dead ends and she would never know how much, if any, ever actually met any special needs.  Certain paraphernalia, etc. could be purchased and used annually, for example, at the Pig Roast.  This would be a lasting memorial honoring Andy and his contributions and love for the Forestry Forum.

She also has another request.  She would be honored if there is any member that would be led to build an Urn for Andy's ashes.  If so, you could contact me and I could relay any such information to her or place you in contact with her.

Edit:  The Obituary link has been discontinued.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

What a wonderful request and honor to the forum as well as to Andy himself.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

petefrom bearswamp

I am more of a nuts and bolts guy so no capability to make an urn, but I'm sure someone or several will chime in.
RIP Andy

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Roxie

How would we make a donation earmarked for Andy's Memorial, as opposed to the general fund?

Say when

Magicman

Jeff has been made aware of Nancy's request.  If by check, so notate on the check.  If by PayPal, alert Jeff by PM.  All memorials will be acknowledged to Nancy by Jeff.

Jeff's mailing address is available in many places here on the Forestry Forum:

The Forestry Forum
Jeff Brokaw
3210 Bischoff
Harrison, MI  48625
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Oh My, how wonderful Forestry Forum Friends are.  A Spalted Curly Maple Urn has been supplied by Bruno of NH.

Thank You Yukon Cornelius for also volunteering.

newoodguy78

Hats off to Bruno. I also send one to Yukon. Good men no doubt.

WDH

If you click the link on the left to donate to the Forum, there is a way to add a comment when you use paypal or a credit card. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Martha White Nelson

Thanks so much, guys!  I don't have enough words to say about how wonderful people you all are!!!  Just know that y'all are deeply appreciated.
Martha

nmericle53

Thanks so much for all the kind words. Even though my heart is heavy all of you on this forum have made me feel so loved. Andy loved this forum, as you could tell by all of his posts. His spirit will live on here. Right now I am just going through the emotions. A big huge thank you to Bruno and Yukon for accepting my request for a special box or urn for Andy's cremains. Truly amazing people on here. Andy learned so much and I know he taught a lot of you to not be afraid to do projects that you thought were impossible. I pray that you guys will never forget this man who was my heart and soul and best friend
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Logger RK

I under stand what your going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

nmericle53

We have finalized the memorial service for Andy. It will be very casual......a gathering of good friends and family. Lunch will be served. If you have any special stories or words to say about how you met this wonderful man we encourage you to speak out. I know that most of you live so far away and will not be able to attend just please say a little prayer to lift our spirits on that day. The memorial will be on Wednesday May 17th starting between 10:30 and 11. I will send you directions if you are coming. It will be in Orange, Texas where we used to live before retirement.

Magicman

I would like to share these:  LINK  and  LINK  and the rest of the story  LINK

Andy was a very Special Friend and I will forever cherish his memory.

nmericle53

Lynn, you were so special to him also. He was so appreciative for all you did and still do for members that are down on their luck. Planning the next adventure and wondering what you always had up your sleeve w as something he looked forward to hear about. You and Pat will forever be in my heart. Looking forward to my much needed hug at the memorial. Will send direction soon.

Magicman

Pat and I drove to Brookeland, TX yesterday and spent some time visiting with Nancy before we enjoyed a nice Catfish/Shrimp Supper at the Catfish Cabin.  Andy's Memorial Service was today.

The service was very informal but also very touching.  Several in attendance related special instances where Andy's love for others and giving spirit revealed the reason that so many people loved and admired this dear friend.

Nancy had lovingly arranged pictures and memorabilia recalling special moments and events that they had shared together.

The Spalted Maple box that Bruno of NH donated for Andy's service.

Andy's USMC Service Flag.

Yes, we had a delightful meal and enjoyed visiting and recalling our past experiences with Andy.

Tool Cookies!

And desert.

Andy's Brother Tommy, Nancy, (FF member "nmericle53")  Pat, Andy's Sister and FF member Martha White Nelson, and Me wearing a Red FF Shirt making today a Red Shirt Day honoring Andy's Memory.

Bruno of NH

Thank You Mr. MM for representing the FF.
Bruno/Jim
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Martha White Nelson

Thank you, Lynn and Pat, for being there to celebrate Andy's life with us.  It was just what Andy would have wanted, good friends, good eats and good music!  Your words spoken of Andy will forever touch my heart.  Thank you.
Martha

nmericle53

The memorial for Andy was beautiful x2. The love in that room yesterday filled my heart like it had never been filled before. I was overwhelmed and still am. Lynn Davis, the words you spoke lovingly of Andy, are forever etched in my heart. Thank you and Pat for visiting and staying with me at the lake. And by the way, Lynn, thanks for hanging my shelf. The dinner we shared at the Catfish Cabin was wonderful. Andy touched many lives during his lifetime and I know he will live on through all of his caring and loving stories. Thanks to all who said a prayer or comment for our family during this time. Thank you Lynn for sharing the pictures.

Jeff

Thankyou for saying goodbye to Andy for us Lynn.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Martha presented me with a surprise gift that was also an example of her artistic talent.  LINK
The tiny Hoot Owl resting in that Walnut Knot will have a special place at the Cabin.  Thank You Martha.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thank you for the kind words Nancy. You know what I'm talking about.
Love you guys!
Goat.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Thank you Andy for being our friend. It was a joy to create these benches in your memory. Made from magic walnut pulled from the same forest from which you made my treasured box you presented to Tammy and I at the pigroast you attended. The plaques were made from slices of a puddingstone I picked up in my favorite U.P. forest, and of course supported by legs created by Kevin and Tammy at Logrite/ Riteleg.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

This is such a fitting tribute to our Friend and Forestry Forum Brother, Andy White.  It is ironic that the Memorial Benches' origin stretches across the entire United States from the Gulf of Mexico to the Great Lakes.  Slices of a Mississippi Walnut log and slices of a Michigan Puddingstone joined together with Love.

yukon cornelius

Awesome! He was such a great man. That is an awesome tribute.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!