iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It sure gets quiet around here when there's a pig roast in 2 days

Started by btulloh, August 03, 2017, 08:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

Probably going to be a good crowd.  I wish I could make it.  Ya'll have fun.

spam_  (Remember - Spam is pork shoulder and ham.)
HM126

coxy

Delawhere Jack

I was hoping to be a last minute RSVP to attend, but some dirtball stole my chainsaw out of my truck. Good news is I think I've tracked it down to an auction on Saturday nearby in PA. Instead of driving 725 miles to see some folks I'd really like to meet, I'll be dealing with police report bureaucracy, getting my saw back, and sending a career thief back to the big house.....  >:(

Sixacresand

Missing it again.  Keeping grand boys in Florida this week.  I know everyone will enjoy the PR.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

tree-farmer

Probably not serving grits anyway, and forget any sweet ice tea....

(Really wish I could go anyway)   :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

thecfarm

Nothing a matter with grits,as long as they are not on my plate.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

derhntr

2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Magicman

Whoever was not there missed a very special time together with Forestry Forum Friends.

Marty and I left home after he got off from work Wednesday evening and drove to W. Memphis Arkansas that night.  We stopped at Wood-Mizer in Indianapolis and toured the "Blade Factory" Thursday and still made it to Clare by ~9:00 PM.  Of course we were able to take time off from the Pig Roast activities Friday for a trip to Jay's Sporting Goods.  ;D  After we finished our Blueberry Wafflecone Ice Cream Saturday, we left and drove to Elizabethtown, Kentucky, getting there ~11:00 PM.  We got home ~4:00 PM, after finishing a "well worth it" 2247 mile trip.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

MM, you are a travelin' man.  That's quite a schedule.

Sounds like a good time and a good gathering.  I'm glad it turned out well. 

Maybe next year for me . . .
HM126

grouch

Quote from: Magicman on August 07, 2017, 08:39:04 AM
Whoever was not there missed a very special time together with Forestry Forum Friends.

Marty and I left home after he got off from work Wednesday evening and drove to W. Memphis Arkansas that night.  We stopped at Wood-Mizer in Indianapolis and toured the "Blade Factory" Thursday and still made it to Clare by ~9:00 PM.  Of course we were able to take time off from the Pig Roast activities Friday for a trip to Jay's Sporting Goods.  ;D  After we finished our Blueberry Wafflecone Ice Cream Saturday, we left and drove to Elizabethtown, Kentucky, getting there ~11:00 PM.  We got home ~4:00 PM, after finishing a "well worth it" 2247 mile trip.   move_it

Magicman,
If you stayed at E-town, you were within hollerin' distance of me. Going and coming means "[you] just passed [me] twice up 'er and you didn't say nothin'." (Might be an obscure reference for some, so...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHEK4u-27TI
Find something to do that interests you.

Magicman

Well that means that if we could drive to your place in half a day, then your excuse for not going to the Pig Roast is kinda half ....ed.  Well you know.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!