iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've tried all the band blades made

Started by Rod, December 12, 2004, 03:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

And to be honest,I can't really tell much difference in them.They all cut good.They seam to cut pine or hardwood at he same speed,I think the hadwoods might even cut faster then the pine.

And none of them have broke either.But I've only cut about 10,000 feet so far.I had to quite cutting cause I was running out of room to pile the boards.So I bought some nails and started building stuff so now the pile is going down were you have room to move around. :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o

EZ

I have tried alot of different blades myself and not had any problem with them. The problems that I had sawing was either me or something out of whack. ;D I now use the monkey blades and as far as bf sawn, I change blades after 500 feet. I manual push my mill threw and I do notice that the push is alot easyer and sawing pine I dont have to slow down when I come to a knot.
EZ

WH_Conley

I have had 2 bad batches of bad blades over the years. Both were names I had never heard of before, my guess they were culls and somebody put a name on em and soldem, one batch cut like they were dull out of the box and the others broke before they ever got dull. They were cheap, you get what you pay for, I had forgotten that. Now I stick with brand names and have good luck with all.
Bill

Rod

EZ,I have probems with knots when my guides are not ajusted right  :) :) :) :) :'( :-* :-/ :-X :-[ :P ::) ??? 8) :o :( >:( ;D :D ;)

Rod

my guides are made out of 6500RPM bearings with 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom and 1 in back with a nut and bolt smaller then the hole in the bearing so they can be ajusted. :) ;D

HUNTER700

Hey Rod,I started milling with woodmizer blades. I was getting only about 3 sharpenings per blade before they were braking. I have since switched to Lennox Bi-metal blade. Blade life is alot better. Iam getting about 5-7 sharpenings per blade before they are too worn to resharpen. The only problem with them is the are more expensive, $49 as compared to $21 for a woodmizer blade. Hunter700  ;D

bull

I have tried many different blades w/ all kinds of results.

I am sticking w/ Woodmizer and The Resharp program
 I have sent out a box of the same blades as many as 10 times. Up to 12,000 bfd in a blades life time.....keep them clean,Lubed and don't run them dull ! If the heatup pull them and send to be sharpened. Keep a good film of oil , WD 40or other lubricant on the blade while in storage abd while waiting to be sharpened..... I keep a running stock of 100 blades.

Woodmizer also has a Great resaw blade, 2 or 3 sharpenings to a box.. they take a beating in my baker PAQ..... BFD depened on run time.... varied speicies of hardwood and softwood pallet stock....

Thank You Sponsors!