iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

generator

Started by coxy, April 04, 2017, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

don't want a standby way to much for my pocket what would be a good watt one to get needs to run a house but not every thing at one time needs to run a 3/4hp well pump and needs to run a hot air oil burner 100,000 btu  the one I have now wont start the oil burner but if you have guts enough to spin the blower motor with your hand it will run the gun and blower  after a little spin  ;D would like a 2banger diesel I always have that laying around more gas but gas will do

Ox

Do you have a tractor with 540 or 1000 pto?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

snowstorm

I looked for a pro. Gen set. Ended up with a miller bobcat. Runs everything and welds real nice

WV Sawmiller

A reputable generator shop should be able to answer your question if you don't get the answer here. You might even try renting one to give it a test run to put your mind at ease. i can say I am well satisfied with the Guardian/Generac model I have on my house, plus I recently had very good results from my local dealer/repair shop so if I were looking for a small mobile unit I would start with them for it too. You might consider Propane too as I gather less maintenance issues with LPG than either gas or diesel. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

With the well pump's heavy starting load and the oil burner you probably should be looking for at least 12kw. More is better. If you don't want to go automatic make sure you have a means of separating the utility and generator feeds, you don't want them to supply the house at the same time. Bad things will happen. A manual transfer switch is best but a properly sized and wired knife switch will work.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

petefrom bearswamp

My 5800 watt Makita runs my pump, furnace 2 freezers and my fridge as well as several lights and the TV.
as long as several dont start at the same time.
Wont do my hot tub tho.
I am replacing with a standby 22kw tho all automatic.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!