iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Andy White

Started by Magicman, April 04, 2017, 06:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It is with a very heavy heart that I share with you my Forestry Forum Friends that our Dear Friend Andy White had a massive heart attack this morning and died. 

Andy had the biggest heart for giving as I have ever known.  I could fill pages with instances where he gave so much of himself to others.  The sawing for dablack (Austin Black) and wwsjr (Willie Steele) are two instances of his Love and Giving Spirit.

Pat and I offer our sincerest condolences to Nancy and to his sister Martha, and to the rest of his family.  The big guy with the gruff voice will be missed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Sad news, sorry to hear.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I am devastated to hear this. Just talked to Magicman. A lot of people are heart broken just as I am.
They just don't get any better than Andy....you may tie him but no better.
Julie and I sat and talked to Andy and his wife at the Pig Roast 2 years ago.
You could not help but love them....truly Gods angels on earth.

We will all miss you brother....RIP Andy. You were a mans man. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawwood

Our condolences to Nancy and the rest of his family.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Jeff

This is a great loss for all of us. Andy was such a big part of the Forestry Forum. He was one of our members that embodied the true spirit of what we are here. So sad to hear this. Andy had become a friend to so many of us and will be dearly missed.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

I'm very sad to hear this .
So sorry for the family.
I liked reading his post in the woodworking part of the FF as I also like to use hand planes like he did .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I know I've already posted once but this is a tough one.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

dgdrls

So very sorry, Condolences and prayers to Andy's family.

D

Ljohnsaw

:-\ So sorry to hear this.  My condolences to his family.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

samandothers

So hard to believe he is gone.  What a great person. Never met him but felt I knew him from posts and the context of those.  So sorry/ sad.

coxy

sorry to hear  my condolences to his wife and family  :( :(

scouter Joe

I met Andy and Nancy at the pig roast and was truly impressed with his generous and friendly nature . It is with heavy heart that I write this . My condolences to Nancy .  scouter Joe

Bill Gaiche

Met Andy at Austin Blacks sawing project. I really took a liking to Andy and Nancy. He was was a hard worker and carried his share of the load. Met up on other outings as well. I didn't realize that Andy had so many talented skills until I began reading his post with detailed instructions and photos. All the wood working, then the rebuild of there Mustang. His hands and heart were so inspiring to a lot of people. I will miss seeing Andy at our next meeting which could be to help another person thru a hard time or eating some good food for another occasion. Will miss that big kind fella for sure. RIP my friend.  bg

Andries

Oh what a shame.
Andy and family were also at Jeff's place in Wisconsin, and I was super impressed with his humour, knowledge and easy ability to connect with people.
His post on building a workbench was outstanding; it detailed both successes and failures (and how to compensate for them). Posts like that made you feel like you know somebody. His heart was there.

Andy, you'll be missed!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

That is sad to hear. I only knew him through his posts.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pineywoods

Never met Andy, but have said for a long time, "I need to visit this man" . Like Mr Tom and Bro Noble, he will live on through his posts on the forum. Condolences to Nancy and Martha.  RIP Andy..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WV Sawmiller

Like so many others have posted I never met him but he seems like a long time friend and I miss him. My thoughts are with his wife and family. I trust there is a woodshop in heaven.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sixacresand

So sorry to hear about Andy.  Praying for Nancy, family and friends.  My Nancy just read Nancy Miricle's touching tribute about Andy on Facebook..
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

yukon cornelius

I am so sad to here this. Andy had touched our lives personally. I had the great pleasure of visiting with him on a couple occasions. He was a great man with a heart of pure gold. He will be missed
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Sixacresand

We met Andy and Nancy at the PR three years ago.  They won a WM LT40 replica during the drawing for prizes.  Then gave it to us to give our grandsons.  Great people!  You meet the best people at Forum and sawmill events!
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

Such a fine spirit and a man of fine character.  I am honored to have met him and had the opportunity to sit and discuss all manner of subjects with him.  RIP my friend. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bark Beetle

So sad to hear. He was a great man and his giving heart will live on through all who were touched by it whether directly or through the forum. We'll miss him
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Dan_Shade

I'm so sad to hear this, Nancy please accept my condolences.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sawguy21

I am so sad to read this, Andy came across as a DanG good hand. My sincere condolences to Nancy and the family. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

I am very sorry to hear this, my condolences to those who knew him. I never got to meet Andy, and it seems I'm poorer for it.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!