iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colorado Elk 2017

Started by Magicman, April 04, 2017, 08:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Best of luck Lynn, no matter what I know it'll be a great time.  Safe travels on the return trip as well.

WV Sawmiller

Wow! Internet access in an Elk camp. Somebody's living in tall cotton. :D

Keep us posted. I'm getting ready for a big antlerless WV youth hunt Saturday taking my 9 y/o granddaughter here on my place. I have been told to stop bow hunting till then so I don't scare her deer off.

Good luck and keep us posted on your experiences out there. Are y'all hunting anything besides Elk? Any bear, mule deer or antelope hunting included on your plans?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

Good Luck Lynn and Marty!
I am envious
Someone mentioned dragging an Elk?
Son and i have killed 4 on unguided hunts and all came out on pack frames less the hide and bones.
I killed one other on a guided hunt in 1990 but it came out in 2 pieces on 2 horses.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Our camp is at 9200' and it is up from here.  My bull tag is the only license that we have.

GAB, that was a jackknife brainfart several years ago.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

Lynn these guys don't miss a thing.  I hope I don't post a pict. of my 99 dodge 3500's rear bumper one of these days.  Have a great hunt.  I hope to give it a try one of these days.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on October 19, 2017, 06:33:07 PM
Our camp is at 9200' and it is up from here.  My bull tag is the only license that we have.

GAB, that was a jacjknife brainfart several years ago.

9200'? I would have to have my O2 tank with me. :( Get some pictures of the country side. ;D

samandothers

Your truck camper have water? Wondered about it freezing.

thecfarm

Again,good luck and have fun. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Gerald just thought that I had never noticed it.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ely

good luck linn thanks for sharing the adventure.

Magicman

Marty and I visited with member AlpineCutter this afternoon.

We had a very nice visit and of course talked about his new LT28 and hunting.

He gave us a package of Mountain Goat brats.  Neither Marty nor I had ever eaten brats so we thawed one out and had a wonderful snack.

Thank You AlpineCutter for the hospitality as well as the bratwurst.

WDH

One old mountain goat to the other  :D..
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

AlpineCutter

Magicman, you didnt waste any time testing out that mountain goat brat. Hope you liked it. It was great meeting you and Marty today. Thanks for your great advise on my sawmill. I already got the wire brush out and took care of everything.

thecfarm

Well there, didn't wreck it by cooking it with veggies or grits.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Was it as good as pickled baloney?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

The brat was good, the other...not so much.   ;D

Tonight we had sliced pork loin/gravy, potatoes, & green beans.

fishfighter

Any meat yet?

Hope y'all staying warm.

sandhills

popcorn_smiley  The boys must be having a good time out there.

Magicman

thecfarm

I want to see some CO elk steaks.  ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Just caught up on this thread.

Good luck! Were Rootin for ya!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Good to see you checked in. Now as Paul Harvey used to say,( now the rest of the story). :D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishfighter

DanG Lynn, I think you sent the cold weather here. :o

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!