iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next quarter sawing project.

Started by customsawyer, April 04, 2017, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Well I got some bummer news. My wife had a relatively small heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital. She will likely have a heart catheterization tomorrow and remain in hospital until Friday or Saturday, so I won't be able to make it to the project.  I am bummed about both aspects, but we gots our priorities. Sure was looking forward to it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Savannahdan

Sorry to hear that news.  We'll keep her in our prayers.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

red

Thoughts and Prayers DanG . . safe travels to all going
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

grouch

Quote from: DanG on May 17, 2017, 03:22:12 PM
Well I got some bummer news. My wife had a relatively small heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital. She will likely have a heart catheterization tomorrow and remain in hospital until Friday or Saturday, so I won't be able to make it to the project.  I am bummed about both aspects, but we gots our priorities. Sure was looking forward to it.

How's she feeling? Is she giving you and the docs any argument about having to be there?
Find something to do that interests you.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on May 17, 2017, 03:22:12 PM
Well I got some bummer news.

I'm sorry to hear this DanG. You're one good guy to stay with the wife, and yes you have your priorities right.
Gonna miss your _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ and your stories.  :D
Tell the Mrs. she's in out thoughts and prayers.
Goat
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Deese

Sorry to hear that DanG. I hope everything turns out okay.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Ga Mtn Man

Best wishes for your wife, DanG.  You will surely be missed at the project but, since there's an open slot at the table, I guess it's my duty to fill it.

Count me as one attending.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

flatrock58

DanG.  I was looking forward to meeting you.  Maybe next year.  Take good care of your wife.  I will be praying for her.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

BigZ La

DanG, prayers for your wife, wishing her a speedy recovery.

scsmith42

Dan, we will keep you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

thecfarm

Hope she will be up and back to herself soon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nomad

DanG sorry you can't make it, but your excuse is acceptable.  In fact, if you did show up under the circumstances you'd probably get booted out!  Hope everything goes well for her.  Keep us updated, okay?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

ellmoe

Dan, sorry to hear about your wife. Praying for her full recovery. I was looking forward to seeing you at the "Project". Oh well, another time!
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Sixacresand

Dan, Praying for your wife and you.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Road Runner

Dan, Y'all are in my prayers.  I was looking forward to meeting you if I could make it and it looks like I can.
I'll be there in the morning (Fri) till Sat. and will bring a cake.
WM LT40G25, Kubota MX5100, Husqvarna 365 & R460

caveman

DanG, Sorry your wife is having trouble.  I hope that she recovers rapidly.  Thankfully you are there to help her out over the next several days.  I will miss visiting with you this weekend.  I certainly was not disappointed after meeting such a Forestry Forum icon as yourself at last year's project.  Keep us posted on her progress please.

On another note, I am looking forward to meeting several members this weekend.

Caveman

flatrock58

Jake,

I have not been to one of these get togethers, just wondering what is needed for food?  I have not seen much posted.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

WDH

Bring any type of side dish that you like.  Anything will be welcome.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

DanG, I was sorry to read about your wife's heart attack.  My prayers are for her Healing Grace.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

Quote from: flatrock58 on May 18, 2017, 07:59:23 PM
Jake,

I have not been to one of these get togethers, just wondering what is needed for food?  I have not seen much posted.

There is an opening in the tater salad department.  ;) :D

Thanks much for the prayers and well wishes folks. She had a heart cath today and they installed two stents in her heart. It went very well and we expect to get her home tomorrow. :) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Thanks DanG for sharing the uplifting news.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

That is great news!  We will be thinking of you.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Deese

Man that's good. I'll do anything I can to help. We've talked quite a bit and although I won't be meeting you in person this trip, please let me know if there's anything I can do to help and I would be honored to do so.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Dieseltim

Sorry to report but I couldn't get off work Friday. I'm still hoping to be able to join you guys on Saturday.

Mooseherder

Jake had a chainsaw demonstration.  I have more footage of beginning to end but wasn't able to add it and make it a movie on this phone.  It was about 90 degrees but a great day with great food and awesome folks. :)
http://youtu.be/PHneXd09Z2w

Thank You Sponsors!