iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next quarter sawing project.

Started by customsawyer, April 04, 2017, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

i gotta talk to coach and see if we can make it ,, i gotta see if i can get off work,,we are just starting our concrete season now,,,,plus the bridge in atlanta ,,,,hmmmm,,,and i am trying to figure out what  is a solar powered sleeping bag is ???   if its good maybe i need one ,,,does it have a cooler in it ,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

YellowHammer

Martha and I are coming, Friday and Saturday.  I had this little log wash up on the bank of my catfish pond and I'll bring it to split with a chainsaw if I can figure how to load it into my pickup truck. 

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

LeeB

Bring the root ball too. Should make some interesting bandsawn boxes.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

customsawyer

Bring it Robert. We'll figure the rest out when you get here.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

PatD and I are planning to come.  Coconut Pie??

I think that makes 17  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

I plan to drive up Friday afternoon but may even take Friday off and come up earlier in the day.
Caveman

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

flatrock58

Jake,
I am planning on coming and bringing a friend that just bought a use LT40.  Will be there friday and saturday.

Steve
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

customsawyer

This is covered in the original post.  ;)
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DanG

Looks like Woodbowl will be coming with me. That makes it about 21, plus a few maybes.   :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Andries

Quote from: YellowHammer on April 06, 2017, 11:35:16 PM
I had this little log wash up on the bank of my catfish pond and I'll bring it to split with a chainsaw if I can figure how to load it into my pickup truck. 

Robert - that's one fine log.
Thinking though, she's a bit old and sunbleached.
so, I dropped a fresh log for the project.

lookit that baby!
Being from Canada and all, couldn't figure out what species this bad boy is . ..
But, no bark and straight a s a gun barrel.
Maybe 4x4American or WDH can pinpoint it.
Anyway, maybe a good log for quartersawing?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Wild Bill makes 22. I'm still unsure. Depends on when I get back from seeing my Daughters in Chicago.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

julio

I guess im going to try and make it and maybe stay the whole time this year 8) so put and  pam down
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

etroup10

I'd really like to make it but it's to far for me. 😐 unless a bunch of us northern guys would want to rent a bus out make a trip down?
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

DanG

etroup10, I have carpooled with other Forumites to almost every event I have been to, and I highly recommend it. You will have almost as much fun going to and from as you do at the event. Start doing a little networking and you will come up with something. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on April 20, 2017, 10:27:01 PM
etroup10, I have carpooled with other Forumites to almost every event I have been to, and I highly recommend it. You will have almost as much fun going to and from as you do at the event. Start doing a little networking and you will come up with something. ;)

Good point DanG
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Pat and I have a scheduling conflict that will prevent us from attending which brings the list down to 22.

Sorry about the pie Jake.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 24, 2017, 05:15:41 PM
Pat and I have a scheduling conflict that will prevent us from attending which brings the list down to 22.

Sorry about the pie Jake.   :-\

Well you can't do everything.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

Awe he is just chikn. Speaking of chicken have you got the drum out and blackened any lately MR Magic?

Forum rules do not prohibit a thread from turning to food more than once do they?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Yup, Chickin Crispin, but due to distractions, we have not been able to do one for too many years, but we will again. 

Pat & I will be attending Andy White's Memorial Service on May 17th.  Attending both events would be a burden especially since they are in opposite directions.  As David said above; "you can't do everything" which is sad but true.

Thank You Sponsors!