iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next quarter sawing project.

Started by customsawyer, April 04, 2017, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

The next quarter sawing project will be on May 19 and 20. All are welcome to come. For those that haven't been or the others that can't remember how to get here the address is.
1607 Capps Browning rd.
Rentz, Ga. 31075
GeneWengert-WoodDoc  has been very generous and has offered to teach a one day grading course on the 19th for those that are interested. The only cost will be for the literature.  There will be a sawing the log in half with a chainsaw demo. There has been a few requests for this. This demo will come after Gene has finished his class, so it might be later on Fri. or earlier on Saturday depending on how long things take. Then the sawing and eating will take place on Saturday.
Lets keep a head count going so we will know how many to feed. I will be there so I make 1.
If you are planning on bringing something to contribute to the eating please chime in on what you are bringing so others will know and we don't have several of the same thing. Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

scsmith42

Jake, I've been wanting to attend one of your get-togethers for years.  I'll check with the Doc to see if she's going to be home that weekend, and if so I'll plan on attending.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Ga Mtn Man

Will you be bringing Tom?  That would be AWESOME!
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Savannahdan

Missed this last year and plan to be there this year.  How far away is the State Park?  That might be a good place to stay for a couple of nights.  We'll think of what to bring and add that later.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

customsawyer

About 20 miles to the state park. Most with campers just stay in the yard.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

It should go without saying, I'll be there again.  Both days this time, I think.  I'm not sure how many that makes confirmed now.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Sixacresand

Nancy and I will be be there for sure on Saturday.  If it is OK, I would like to bring some non Forum member sawmilling guys on Friday.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

scsmith42

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 04, 2017, 07:23:03 AM

Might be hard to tow Tom behind a Harley  :D

Raider Bill

Quote from: scsmith42 on April 04, 2017, 09:49:01 AM
Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 04, 2017, 07:23:03 AM

Might be hard to tow Tom behind a Harley  :D

Don't be scared :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scsmith42

Jake, any local hotel recommendations?

DanG

I'll be there Friday afternoon, Lord willing.  :)

Scott, La Quinta Inn is nice and is close by.   ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

customsawyer

There are several to choose from at I16 and HWY441 intersection.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Deese

Cooks AE4P Edger

slider

Vick and I have not missed one yet we will be there.
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Can me and DanG set something on FIRE?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

There will be a big fire in SPITE of you and DanG. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Now I'm really wishing I had an alaskan bush plane...undecided yet but I really wanna come, this time I might just skip the tent and bring a solar powered sleeping bag
Boy, back in my day..

Deese

4x4,
The skeeters are already getting rough down here. Skeeter net first priority, then sleeping bag.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Delawhere Jack

793 miles.......... 11 1/2 hour drive.........

Sure would like to attend..... but man that is a long way... :'(

xlogger

anyone coming from the north better skip Atlanta.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Sixacresand

Quote from: xlogger on April 05, 2017, 06:31:13 AM
Probably if you can get on the I 75 HOV lane, you could probably breeze through Atlanta,  Just avoid rush hours. JMO
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Raider Bill

Quote from: Sixacresand on April 05, 2017, 01:48:45 PM
Probably if you can get on the I 75 HOV lane, you could probably breeze through Atlanta,  Just avoid rush hours. JMO

Breeze through Atlanta!! :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scsmith42

Quote from: Sixacresand on April 05, 2017, 01:48:45 PM

lol.  I presume that you have not been following the news about the collapsed highway in Atlanta????

UPDATE:I just reread what you wrote and realized that you referenced i75, and the collapse was on i85....  oops... :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That bridge is noooooo problem.  :D
This is a pic of the I-85 bridge in Atlanta.
If them "Good 'Ol Boys" can make it, Y'all can too.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!