iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WOW!

Started by Den Socling, February 27, 2017, 12:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Pine Creek runs through our front yard. "CreeK" is the name but some people would call it a river. The picture is a friend doing SUP.

So this morning Patti and I were going down the small road that runs alongside the creek. A Bald Eagle was flying nearby but that's not unusual. What was unusual was that it made a tight turn. It was flying in circles and occasionally diving to the water. Then we noticed that there were occasional ripples in the water. Something was coming to the surface and then diving again. Maybe a beaver or a merganser? By this time I had parked and we were watching the show. Finally it hit me - PICTURE! I grabbed my phone. Normally two taps on the screen wakes it up. I tap and nothing happens. I'm sitting there tapping, rubbing, pushing and threatening to throw the phone in the creek. I missed the end of the show and the eagle finally gave up and went on up the creek.

Kbeitz

murphy's law strikes again...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

drobertson

Yea sounds like the Murphy struck again, looks like a pretty setting with or without an action shot, gives me the hankering to go fishing!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Den Socling

When we moved here sometime in the '80's, we were leaving another creek side home and I wanted another. When I saw Pine Creek, I knew this was where I wanted to be. The water is crystal clear. The eagle attacking was probably the best wildlife show I'v ever seen,

gspren

I canoed part of Pine Creek back in the late 80s, I'd need to study a map to maybe remember where we started/stopped. It was a 2 day trip with some very mild rapids, 3 canoes/couples, lots of fun.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

We spent several days/night parked beside Pine Creek in our motorhome in the Summer of 1995.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

Ansonia to Blackwell has some whitewater depending on water level. I've done it many times. When we were younger, we would get in at Blackwell with our kids and spend 2 or 3 days getting down to our front yard. They were great times. Pack all your supplies, no contact with the world and just enjoy the water and the camping.

Kbeitz

Quote from: Magicman on March 03, 2017, 09:46:49 PM
We spent several days/night parked beside Pine Creek in our motorhome in the Summer of 1995.   :)

You was only 60 miles from my home.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

bigozzie

very exciting to watch,
I witnessed a similar event and there were several baby ducks, submerging themselves each time the eagle zoomed in.  It was like a game of wack-a-mole, the eagle never was successful.

oz

Den Socling

We have a lot of ducks on this creek and I've seen eagles eyeballing them. Whatever the eagle that we saw that day was after was big. One big ripple when it surfaced. Still mad that I didn't get a couple pictures!

DelawhereJoe

Around here some people use alligator decoys to try to keep geese and ducks out of pools and ponds. The farmers know better, they used to use propane cannons years ago but the geese got used to it. Now they put 1 bald eagle decoy out in the middle and it keeps the geese out of a 50 acre field.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Onthesauk

Here in the Skagit Valleyl we have snow geese and swans who winter here.  Saw a field here this winter with a half a dozen eagle decoys with a couple of hundred snow geese all over the field.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Thank You Sponsors!