iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New LT 15 wide owner

Started by Damato333, November 20, 2017, 05:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damato333

I've had my new It 15 wide for about a month. I made a few cuts but not much.  So far I'm content with the sawmill.  I really wanted an LT 40 with all the bells and whistles but an LT 15 is what I could actually afford without paying Woodmizers 10% APR.  One thing that is really bugging is me I bought the big cover cause it's outside and I wanted to protect it from ALL of the elements.  The first time I put it on I noticed that they stitched the cover together instead of gluing it.  So for the first rain storm the whole carriage was basically open to the rain.  Besides protecting the engine I would like the power feed to be protected,  since it has sensitive electronics.  Even though the power feed looks sealed I would like it to be protected.  For almost $300 for a cover I think it should do more then just protect the mill from sun damage.  A $20 blue tarp from home depot would do a better job then this over priced umbrella.  I can't be the only one that feels this way.  Can I be?  I hope they make better mills then covers. 

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Damato333!

Might be a good idea to call Wood-Mizer and express your concerns!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

brianb88

Congrats on the new sawmill.  8)  We really like pictures.
Measure twice, cut once

Percy

A mill is like a wife. After you get to know her/it, you find things that bug you about her/it. You also find the things you like about her/it. Im a tad OCD when it comes to purchases and after some research, I would have bought the tarp. ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ChugiakTinkerer

Welcome to the forum!

Just talking out my backside here, but if you have to live with the stitched cover you might try silicone seam sealer.

Where are the pictures?
Woodland Mills HM130

Damato333

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.  The cover looks to be settled.  A new one comes tomorrow and the guy from wood mizer says this one should be better.  He also said this has been an on going problem. 

Brad_bb

I'm confused.  A stitched cover is not good?  It lets water in?  I would have thought a stitched cover would have been good? 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

GDinMaine

I assume selling covers is just a side thing that is a necessary evil. You are right. The covers are not keeping all the water off the mill, but they don't change the quality of the machine. This might have some residual psychological effect on the operator, that influences cut quality.  ;D
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Thank You Sponsors!