TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Choice is Here! Introducing the Wood-Mizer LX450 Twin Rail Sawmill  (Read 503 times)

Offline CWarner

• Board Moderator
  • Wood-Mizer Public Relations Representative

Choice is Here! Introducing the Wood-Mizer LX450 Twin Rail Sawmill

With many of the proven, robust features of Wood-Mizer’s LT40 and LT50 sawmill models, the LX450 is designed to accommodate those who simply prefer a twin rail design. With the new LX450 sawmill, you now have more options than ever from the world’s largest portable sawmill manufacturer. Stationary or portable, manual or hydraulic, standard or wide, monorail or twin rail. The choice is here, the choice is yours, and it’s only available from Wood-Mizer.

Visit woodmizer.com/us/portable-sawmills/lx450-portable-sawmill for sawmill specifications, photos, video, brochure, and more!

Offline reswire

Re: Choice is Here! Introducing the Wood-Mizer LX450 Twin Rail Sawmill
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 11:42:31 pm »
Just curious why woodmizer doesn't offer 4 log stops on it's bigger mills.  I love this new machine, but would have been super interested if it had the 35 diesel instead of gas.  Does this mill run the faster hydraulics found on the LT super mills??

Thanks, Joe
LT 40HDG 35, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 3 Chessies and a Weiner dog...

Offline Darrel

• Senior Member x2
  • Gettin' it done!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 09:44:55 am »
reswire, my old LT40 has 4 factory installed log stops so that is an option that's been available for many years. The only time I use the extra stops is when I saw short logs, so in my opinion, the extra stops are a must have option.
1992 LT40HD

The winds of change are blowing at hurricane force and I don't like it but good shall come even though I see not how.

Offline reswire

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 10:19:50 pm »
I have four log stops on my LT 40 also.  I've noticed the LT 50 and 70 don't have that option available.  Just can't understand why they wouldn't be an option. 
LT 40HDG 35, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 3 Chessies and a Weiner dog...

Offline Stuart Caruk

• Full Member x2
  • Woodmizer Stationary timber processing
Well, I ordered up an LX450 today. It will make dealing with my large logs easier. My LT35hyd sold the day I advertised it.

Looks like a may score a full sized log deck to feed it from A local mill I'm doing some work for. I plan to run the stop loaded and hydraulic motor on the log deck from the Woodmizer, although I'll rig up an extra pump if I need to.

I'll probably never hit this level of production. This is a days production from an autmated mill.

The interesting thing is how the stacker / sorter stacks the lumber. Each stick is interlocked, rather than stacked vertically so the entire stack doesn't fall over when moved with a forklift unbanded. Once banded, the lumber goes into neat rows and columns.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LT35 Hyd, Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader

Offline Darrel

• Senior Member x2
  • Gettin' it done!
Congratulation on the new mill. The LX450 is an awesome looking machine. How long before you take delivery?
1992 LT40HD

The winds of change are blowing at hurricane force and I don't like it but good shall come even though I see not how.

Offline Stuart Caruk

• Full Member x2
  • Woodmizer Stationary timber processing
1st week of July... allegedly....
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LT35 Hyd, Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader