iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sprucing the Roost.......The Sawmill Shed

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 30, 2017, 06:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Over time my sawmill shed has been getting a face lift.
It started out as simply a place to park the mill and saw.
But slowly and surely cleaning out and building new walls to organize things are working out.

Here is the new look on the west side.
We cleaned a lot of junk and brought in gravel and put up a new exterior wall.

Kirk and I built a deck. This deck we use for a small table saw, band saw and a router table when we
are building small projects for sell at shows.
The deck is also used for a place for customers to sit and watch the mill as we saw.
A lot of people come by have never seen the sawing we do....but you have to be on the deck....
Thats the rule. We sure enjoyed building all this while working over to keep up with orders.  :)

This was before the deck.

This is after the deck and the new wall. We enjoy sitting on the deck at the end of the day and just chatting before we go home.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

That looks great
Customers will like that :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Andy White

David,
A fine looking shed, and awesome deck for saw watching. Are you doing your Yoga on that stack of lumber? If it works, let us know, and I'll try it on Nancy's room addition.
                                                  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Delawhere Jack

If they hang around too long, put them to work as (unpaid) offbearers.. :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andy White on March 30, 2017, 07:26:27 PM
David,
A fine looking shed, and awesome deck for saw watching. Are you doing your Yoga on that stack of lumber? If it works, let us know, and I'll try it on Nancy's room addition.
                                                  Andy

Yep Andy......a little Goat Meditation.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

WLC

WOW, that's nice!!  Will you come build the deck and railing on my house when we build it?? 
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

thecfarm

That looks great. Good enough to charge the customers to sit on the porch.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

paul case

I am sticking with my original thought. ''Sawmilling is not a spectator sport''.

Good looking carpentry there.

Who did ya get to saw that fine lumber for all dat?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

4x4American

If the women don't find ya handsome they should at least find ya handy, and I think you done passed that test.  Nice work.  Is it hard to build stuff with goat hooves?
Boy, back in my day..

YellowHammer

Nice.  Where's the tip jar?  It's looks like a piano bar, all its missing is a guitar band like the "Sycamore Boys." 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

barbender

Poston, I got to hand it to ya'- ya' ain't much to look at but you just about make up for it with your creativity and woodworking skills ;D
Too many irons in the fire

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Czech_Made

Ga Mtn Man

Nice David.  What hours is the restaurant open? digin1
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That is Goat Butt Gorgeous !!!  smiley_gorgeous
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 30, 2017, 07:34:30 PM
Quote from: Andy White on March 30, 2017, 07:26:27 PM
David,
                                                  Andy

Yep Andy......a little Goat Meditation.  :D

Are you going to sell it as destressed lumber?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

caveman

David, your addition looks good and you have a knack for creativity.  Where are you hiding the refrigerator?  I find a refrigerator contributes to a harmonious conclusion to a day of hard work.
Caveman

Bruno of NH

I wrote a country song :)
Uncle Dicky don't eat shake and bake like we do  ;D ;D
That would be a great place to do the music video
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

running elk

redbeard

Great curb appeal for the  customers. You sure have the wood artist talent going on.
That is quite the sawmill man cave.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

ncsawyer

Very nice!  Now you just need a gumball machine full of sawdust.  Charge $0.25 per handful.  That way they have something to take home some they can remember the "experience". ;D
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Thank You Sponsors!