First Bench

Started by Briankinley2004, March 28, 2017, 11:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briankinley2004

This is my first benc project cut from some pine logs given to me by a school we are remodeling. I cut the logs on my WM 130 and kiln dried. I am donating the bench back to the school. The legs were painted red as that is the school color

cbla

Czech_Made

fishpharmer

Well done!  I like the look of knotty pine.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Yup, that is showing a knotty gnarly Pine who is Boss.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

Great looking benches for sure. The best use for those gnarly, knotty slabs. Great work.

Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Weekend_Sawyer

Gorgeous bench.
They will be proud to have it.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

YellowHammer

You're going to have to show us more pictures.  :o
That looks great!  How did you make the legs? 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Briankinley2004

Yellow I bought the legs online from a site called Etsy. I guess it like eBay or amazon. They were a bit pricey at 115 a pair but I don't have time to build them and am back logged on projects. This is the only other picture I have of finished project. Man do you chase your tail on a two sided epoxy project. I need to find some non self leveling

Downstream

I love it.  Very nice job on the bench.  It is amazing how good gnarly pine turns out.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

running elk

Looks great you did a great job.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com