iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finishing up for the season.

Started by starmac, March 28, 2017, 12:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

I hauled the last load off the sale the logger I haul for was working on. When I was through loading there were 7 nice 53 foot logs left, and he was just going to leave them. I walked back to the loader and counted the logs, told him they would fit, load them up, and I would wait for him to come out and go by the scales before I went through them.
It was the biggest load I have hauled this year. lol

This has not been a good winter, between the weather and his equipment breaking down, work was far from steady.

One more smaller logger thinks he wants me to haul a few loads out for him, I told him I would but he better hurry, as temps is not getting below 0 at night this week and 30 above today, warming to 45 above by saturday, so our road will probably go away by thursday or friday.

Wrapping up this week one way or the other, and that will do it until freezeup next fall.
I did talk to the mill owners this evening and found out they have a pretty good size sale thay want the logger I work for to log next winter, with 20 miles less log road, so I should be able to do two trips a day next year.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

brianJ

@starmac   What do you do in the off season with all that day light?    Trucking different loads?

starmac

Generally I haul oilfield freight north, which is busier in the winter too, but there is enough in the summer USUALLY. The last 2 years it has been real slow, I never put a load on my haul road truck last year.
I did haul a little gravel last summer, but that was lean too, not sure what I will be doing this year, may even have to run outside, which I REALLY do not want to do.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!