iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 pt.hitch crawler

Started by 47sawdust, March 26, 2017, 05:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I'm looking for info.on 3 point hitch dozer/crawlers with pto.The thought is to use my Tajfun winch and access rough parts of my property to harvest firewood.SAME,Long,Landini,and Goldoni all make vineyard type of equipment for use in Europe.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

chevytaHOE5674

I had an Allis Chalmers H3 with a 3pt and PTO on it. Used to use the PTO for running stationary equipment because I didn't have to worry about the crawler moving around at all.

coxy

what kind of dozer do you have

BurkettvilleBob

If you look on Maine Craigslist there is a 450 Case dozer with a Tajfun winch on the back. It appears to be mounted in a fixed position as the machine does not have a three point hitch. I would worry about ithe getting hung up on stuff, but if one was careful it could work.

TKehl

They are out there, but getting rare/collectible. 

The fixed position mount mentioned below.  There are also add on 3 point units for older tractors that could probably be adapted to a newer dozer.  Overall, I think you would have better parts support and reliability. 

Is the winch fully mechanical or does the PTO drive hydraulics?  Even if full mechanical, a hydraulic motor could be fabbed in to replace PTO. 

Probably a project or expensive in any case (possibly both).

What about a dozer with a built in winch?  Probably less $ overall.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Thank You Sponsors!