iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Brats

Started by Burlkraft, March 25, 2017, 03:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Tomorrow I'm making a big batch of Sheboygan brats. In the sausage world they are the white brats. I have the original recipe from Wisconsin. These New Mexicans won't know what hit them. I'll have to make 1 batch with green Chile or nobody here will eat them.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Texas Ranger

Dang it, it's a 20 hour trip from here, love the white brats.
bon_fire digin_2
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

drobertson

I miss Wisconsin,  Grumpy Gary's in Paddock Lake makes great brats,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Den Socling

Glad you make your own because you know what is in them. I recently read about a woman who complained that she found teeth in her taco. The meat supplier said it was just the lips of a cow that pick up the imprint of it's teeth.   :o

barbender

I saw the title on this thread and thought it was going to be a commentary on white privilege  :D
Too many irons in the fire

RPowers

Quote from: Den Socling on March 25, 2017, 08:48:13 PM
Glad you make your own because you know what is in them. I recently read about a woman who complained that she found teeth in her taco. The meat supplier said it was just the lips of a cow that pick up the imprint of it's teeth.   :o

If you order Cabeza don't be surprised what you get.  ;D
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Ox

Quote from: barbender on March 26, 2017, 09:39:26 AM
I saw the title on this thread and thought it was going to be a commentary on white privilege  :D
You know, it's funny - I thought the same exact thing!  :D  But it's also disturbing that our thought processes have been steered in this direction by the liberal media.  >:(
Love those white brats.  I wish they weren't so expensive.  Maybe I'll ask for them for my next birthday meal.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

moosehunter

Never have had white brats, I love white hot dogs. Hoffman's from Syracuse are great.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

ESFted

Fond memories of going to a small butcher shop in Unterammergau Germany on Friday mornings for Weisswurst, pretzels, sweet mustard and beer.  They only made it once a week and it had to be eaten before noon or it would spoil.  Fantastic!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weisswurst
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Jeff

Quote from: moosehunter on March 26, 2017, 02:26:43 PM
Never have had white brats, I love white hot dogs. Hoffman's from Syracuse are great.

I had some at Boonville
I wanted to order some on line. Forget that, 90 bucks plus shipping for 6 lbs
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

We get the Zweigles White pop open natural casing dogs here. I like them better then the Hoffman's . They go great with my home made sauerkraut and corn relish.:)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Den Socling

Why is the Weisswurst so perishable? I understand that it isn't smoked and it has no preservatives. Is it only half cooked?

ESFted

Quote from: Den Socling on March 29, 2017, 07:19:19 PM
Why is the Weisswurst so perishable? I understand that it isn't smoked and it has no preservatives. Is it only half cooked?

Stuff I had was fully cooked.. Served in the hot water it was cooked in.  The mixture was very light and fluffy.  The 'eat before noon' probably comes from an abundance of caution developed over time and could be a carryover from the days when refrigeration was scarce.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Thank You Sponsors!