iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

slabwood chopsaw for packaged firewood

Started by Pclem, March 25, 2017, 02:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pclem

Anyone ever use these? Not the 'buzz saws', A commercial type with roller conveyors, or belt conveyors. Looks like a couple manufactuers are helle and cornell? We sell alot of kiln dried packaged firewood, and it's getting harder to find decent firewood logs to be efficient for packaged wood. We have alot of amish mills around here, and they leave alot of meat on the slabs. Wondering if an automatic type cutoff saw may be a way to be productive, and solve sourcing wood with the higher quality straighter grain slabs?
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

Bert

I saw one at an amish mill actually and it was slick. Im thinking it was a helle or pendu. I was checking out a wheel loader they were selling and gave me a tour. The only downside was it it cuts every 18" (or whatever set at) even if theres only 5" of slab left so you end up with alot of junk. Theirs fed into a roll off dumpster.  It would eat 5-6 slabs at a time. I'd definitely have one if I had 3 phase power.
Saw you tomorrow!

Thank You Sponsors!