iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Jeff, Is it a 218 c.i. motor like in my 1949 tuckers? there pretty much a dodge truck in disguise !!!! ;D ;D Dodge made pretty nice trucks back in the day !!! ;D ;D heres a pix of the Tucker engine.They even used the dodge nose !

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

samandothers

I was concerned it was going to back fire through the carb and catch fire too.

Jeff

Wet sand and bring some under colors up and clear coat? There are some interesting colors down there. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

looking good   how do you get all the free help  ??? do you have a big candy jar or a freezer full of ice cream  :)

Magicman

That multicolored burnished look is awesome. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Logger RK

Looks like that will be a very nice project. Looks like the motor should be good to go with out to much problems. I'm wondering what model Chev that is with the camper on it in a earlier post? My Dad had a Chevy Cheyenne back when I was a kid.

Jeff

Interesting find in the pile of parts that came with the truck.

Corley5

That's  8)  Don't breathe any dust from them  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

Yeah, they weren't kidding. You get the linings.,and maybe some rivets if you're lucky. ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Predrilled with rivets. :)

loggah

Real Asbestos brake lining ! they will work better then new ones . :)
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

Heck I don't even know if they need relined yet. Everything is unhooked and the master cylinder is gone.

Czech_Made

Quote from: loggah on April 12, 2017, 04:49:06 PM
Real Asbestos brake lining ! they will work better then new ones . :)

That!

Jeff

DIY seat cover. Tammy and I decided to take on fixing up the original seat for our 46 Dodge truck. I did some welding on the frame and fixed the springs, then cleaned and painted it. Then we worked together to recover. I first used a PVC screen material sewn to the top to even out the springs in place of the old burlap, then a dense fiberfill matting for softening. We thought about vinyl for the cover, and stll might at some point, but used a bolt of material Tammy had on hand. It's denim. We'll take the seat back out and store it until it's ready to go in and stay, but wanted to try it out once first!

Ljohnsaw

I like it!  Nothing like using what's on hand.  I much prefer a cloth seat to vinyl/leather.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Dave Shepard

Can you get a cheap registration for it so you can take it on the road once in a while?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Its a long ways from the road. I have to get a master cylinder and all new brake lines. I've not had a wheel off yet to see what the brakes them selves look like. Right now, it's mostly just art.  :D

newoodguy78

Nice job on the seat looks great 8)

DelawhereJoe

Are you going to upgrade the brakes to 4 wheel disk or keep drums on the corners and your Flintstones emergency floor braking spot, that I saw in one of the other pics ?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

This is on E-bay right now....

Centric Brake Master Cylinder New Ram Truck Dodge D100 Pickup 130.81004

Brake Master Cylinder-PG Plus Professional Grade New Raybestos MC544

And...

1946-1954 Dodge Brake Overhaul Rebuild Kit
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Jeff

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on April 20, 2017, 10:05:22 PM
Are you going to upgrade the brakes to 4 wheel disk or keep drums on the corners and your Flintstones emergency floor braking spot, that I saw in one of the other pics ?

The existing style brake system designed for a truck destined never to go over 50 miles per hour should be adequate. The emergency brake system is a driveshaft brake.  The big hole in thee floor is not a hole. It is the battery area that does not have a cover on it. The floor itself is completely solid.

coxy

how long do you think it will take you to drive it to NY to the show  :)

Jeff

If I leave now, by Nevuary 32nd I should be there.

red

www.mpbrakes.com aka master brakes is one supplier of conversation kit, that are not cheap but quality parts
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!