iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

pabst79

Soooo its got a straight six, is it a old Chevy or GMC 1 1/2 ton? I can't tell how big your brown tarp is  smiley_headscratch
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Jeff

I never said it didn't have wheels! When asked how many, I said who said it had wheels? Okay, it do have wheels. 71 year old wheels. And not a Chevy or gmc. Or ford for that matter.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Floating power 6, that whole overhead valve thing is a passing fad.

thecfarm

Does someone from NH own one like it? That would be a female member I am asking about.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Jeff

It came with an extra engine and a bunch of extra parts. It has a PTO.

thecfarm

PTO?? most of those trucks that age had a place to hook one up.
Jeep is the word.

Holmes

Is it an old Dodge power wagon?
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

Very warm, but not a power wagon.

Don P

Jeff

okay, before you get sick of this.  :)    1946  Dodge 1 ton.  :)   Aint she purty?

Don P

A WD-20 with an L6 floating power engine, run in Chris crafts and even cranes up into the 60's, sweet, you need its older brother  ;D

Jeff

Definitely a project.  A DURN FUN PROJECT!!  :)

Holmes

That will be a fun project. :)   The gills in the hood are a great look. 8). Looks like a bag of cement on the drivers seat..
Think like a farmer.

Bruno of NH

That is nice :)
Would look great with a white oak flat bed with FF lettering painted on old school
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sprucebunny

Nice  8)

I was thinking the engine looked like the Chrysler Industrial in my 1950 something Bombardier.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Gearbox

Are they 16 or 18 inch wheels . Look the same as Power Wagon wheels . I have never seen a 1 ton Dodge that old . Lots of 1 1/2 ton . Be a nice project . I had a 47 Power Wagon but put a V 8 in it .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

WmFritz

Somebody's gonna need a barn addition very soon.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Quote from: Gearbox on March 23, 2017, 08:44:40 PM
Are they 16 or 18 inch wheels . Look the same as Power Wagon wheels .
I dunno yet. Don't really know anything yet!

Don P

I recognized it from my '35 KCL 1/2 ton, that engine had a long run, I believe it was the first engine with a completely water jacketed block. It was modified through the years but was available in all their light duty trucks from '35 to '60. Mine was a 201 cid 3-1/8 x 4-3/8 stroke, with 70 hp. '35 was the last year of the Glamour series, the '35-1/2 was the first all steel cab with front hinged doors, a '36 cab with '34 hood and fenders.

'36-'38 was the Fore Point series, they moved the drivetrain 8" forward and put the chrome bullet nose on those.

'39-47 was known as the "Job Rated" series of trucks. They have a highly stylized ram hood ornament. You've gotten another motor with a cam, they coaxed it up to 230 cid 3-1/4 x 4-5/8" stroke, 105 hp. And finally, a modern rotor type oil pump! Retail was around $800 new, 17,399 WD-20's built that year. That is the year the Power Wagon was introduced, there's one on my bucket list.

That's a 5,000 lb rear axle, GVW 7,000, larger axle shaft diameter and 4 pinion differential were new that year. Standard was 650x16 six ply fronts and 7.00x16 six ply rears. They did run up to 20" wheels though. The WD 20 had a 120" wheelbase the WD-21 was 133"

Jeff

Sure glad to hear anything I can about it Don.  Here are some pics of part of the spare parts. We have 4 days of rain coming, but first nice day I'm going to get the rest of them. The other engine, two more doors, 2 more running boards, and some other odds and ends.

Thank You Sponsors!