iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

You are gonna growl at me for this. Tough -- I did some growling over going to an "aspx" site, so just suck it up.

Toyota This is a 3 Hole 14x5 Inch, 6x7.25 Bolt Pattern, One Piece Steel Wheel, Rim. The position on the vehicle is Universal. DRW (Dual Rear Wheel) models. Interchange Number is 69221. Manufacturer Part Number is 426013538101; 426013547103; 426013547108.

14 is tiny for that truck, 5 is skinny, but if you're going on the highway that would bring you down low even with fat tires. Or you might even find some of those super low profile things that look like the end of a roll of electrical tape. ;D

It's raining so I'm still digging (online) ...
Find something to do that interests you.

TKehl

We've had a couple centers welded in on a hay trailer.  Had a flat at least every other day while hauling with 16" LT tires the summer I got my license.  Dad took a couple open center semi wheels to the local weld/machine shop to put in 8 lug centers then put low-pro semi tires on them.  I think it was $250 for the pair, but haven't had a flat in nearly 20 years.   ;D

The flip side is it may be cheaper to get lug adapters or have them made for the bolt pattern.  I'm shooting from the hip, but probably $75 per hub and pick your pattern.  8 lug 3/4 ton wheels are plentiful and cheap as are used 16" tires. (15" not so much anymore)  1 tons not much more.  Either option lets you get the tall & narrow "pizza cutter" tires that complete the look of a vintage truck.  Or hotrod... either way!
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

paul case

Quote from: Jeff on May 24, 2017, 09:48:50 AM
I have one front rim with a different offset and the lug holes are not "innies and outies" as I call them for the duels to mesh. I guess if I had my druthers, I wish I could find some real wide modrn rims that would fit the back and put some wide tires on it. Being a child of the 70's, I still like that fat back tire look. :D   I wonder how hard it would be to get custom cemnters welded in newer tubeless rims?

Now you are talking my language. It can be done If you find the right guy fairly reasonable. 16'' truck rims are pretty reasonable to make into what you need and tires are easy to find.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Just Me

http://detroitsteelwheel.com/

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/products.html

Here are a couple that I have used. I like Detroit Wheel better.

I am thinking of converting my stepvan, but I may just switch out axle and hubs, its a P30 chassis with ten bolt wheels and 19.5 rims. I can get tires off of my brothers race truck with one race on them that are just as tall. Would just have to buy rims.

When are you going to bolt the 440 in that thing? 8)

I was in Rogers City the other day and that old Dodge is still sitting at the oil company lot on Main.

Weekend_Sawyer

I like the idea of single fat back tires.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Last couple of accomplishments.

Removed the starter, cleaned and painted it.

And replaced the front motor mount.  Seems like an easy task. NOPE!  You need to follow a certain sequence of events to get the new one to go in. I probably should have documented it, but hey, then the next guy wouldn't have all the fun I had.  :D

Here is the bottom part of the old one. It was completely delaminated from the top bolt and plates. Ya think it was toast?

New mount in place.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

grouch

Was that old mount original equipment? It looks like natural rubber.
Where did you find the new one, or did you make it?

Jeff

https://dcmclassics.com/  About 2 hours form here. most orders come in the mail the next day. Anything that fits in the mailbox ships cheap!

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on May 25, 2017, 10:28:53 AM
I like the idea of single fat back tires.
But that will start you down a slippery slope!  Got the big tires, now you need to upgrade the engine so you can lay some rubber down.  Then you will need to upgrade the rear end to take the torque.  Then the brake system will need to be upgraded so you can stop.  Then the suspension 'cause you'll want a smoother ride...  And on and on... :D

Looking good!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

red

The www.ricksontruckwheels.com also make the Fat tire single wheel. The tire height can be the same as stock just the width is wider.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Don P

That motor mount was what they called "floating power".

grouch

Quote from: Jeff on May 25, 2017, 05:16:59 PM
https://dcmclassics.com/  About 2 hours form here. most orders come in the mail the next day. Anything that fits in the mailbox ships cheap!

That's a resource!

They have a Shop Manual (41-47 W series ). It doesn't say "CD" or "DVD" so it might even be a printed book.

Do you have one?

Jeff

I do have one, but mine came from ebay for 8 bucks.

Jeff

Quote from: Don P on May 25, 2017, 08:58:08 PM
That motor mount was what they called "floating power".

grouch

My daughter found "Oldsmobile 1949 Shop Manual 6 and 8" for me on ebay. I don't remember the price, but I scanned it and put it online. There are a lot of CD versions of shop manuals with really crappy scanned images. I bought such a thing from Mercedes Benz USA and many of the images are just globs.

Papa1stuff

I have some old Motor Manuals from the 30 and 40 and the come with a flat rate manual ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

TKehl

I've got just what you need!   ;D

Truck bed and 8 lug axle upgrade in a convenient pull home package!  Not sure the actual year, but it's period enough it would blend well.  Even a decent tailgate!   ;)

In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Jeff

Oh man!! What are you asking for it?

Darrel

I'll open the bidding at $300 :D
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Jeff

Nobody is allowed to bid on this one!! :D

thecfarm

I'll bid $250.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

sandhills

Now Jeff, you can't let these guys be too persuasive! THINK CAMPER!  :D

Darrel

Knock it off cfarm, the chief bottle washer said no-one is aloud to bid on this!

$200  8)
1992 LT40HD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

TKehl.......read this before you sell it to Jeff.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,4193.0.html

:D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!