iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

noise in Polaires Ranger

Started by H.O.D., July 08, 2017, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H.O.D.

Hi. I have a Polaris Ranger 900 that just turned 100hrs. I have a noise in the front at every revolution of the wheels..using a bar to reach in I can clearly see that its slop between the splines on the front diff and splines  on the front of drive line..the u joint itself is fine. Looks like the shaft is held on by a force fit pin. The dealer is basicly saying ..Yes there is a noise but its ok. Looking around on line I can read that I am hardly the only one with front end problems on Rangers and Razors. I cant understand their bisness logic..consider I have a nearly new Ford150 and I know for sure the dealer would let me out the door with that kind of a problem. This is my second Ranger and I have no other complants..so question is , any way to cure to much play at that joint. Thanks

snowstorm

I have a new general they had the wine howl in the front diff. Polaris says it's normal. I don't think it's acceptable

coxy

its a Polaris  ;D ;D  I had a 600 sportsman and it had more noises and shakes than a horse and buggy going down the road  so it went down the road

millwright

I have a Honda and a Polaris, they are both good machines, but the Polaris always has noises and rattles

snowstorm

Some say it's the drive shaft making the noise. The u joints are not phased.  Polaris says they don't need to be. Others say it's the front diff. It dose use straight cut gears. There is also talk of them not being shimed correct
I changed the oil to 50 wt. Synthic.  It did help a little

snowstorm

i went to the dealer yesterday with the general.they replaced the drive shafts with the new cv shaft. its quite now. it wasnt a recall but if you complained enough .... and i got the new updated doors. and while i was there they put a ranger in my trailer. wife desired she wanted her own. got a 15    900 it was about the same price as a new one but has everything but ac. doors with power windows and a lot more. the noise from the front diff is no where near as bad as the general was

Thank You Sponsors!