Started by Deere80, March 21, 2017, 08:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

My saw is a skookum choocher but the guy running it is a half-wit
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

Goose
The ripper 37 7's cut great on my mill with 13 hp
Nice and flat in rock maple and I don't have to buy 15 at a time :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

btulloh

Deere80, I was following this thread and saw your picture of the issue you were having.  I had been having the same problem recently.  Woodland Mills sent me the spring washer upgrade (free and promptly) which I installed last week.  It improved but didn't completely eliminate the problem.  (The spring washer is a big and necessary improvement over the polyurethane bushing though.)

My belts were on their last legs, so I replace them and went through a general alignment - guides, tracking, etc.  The main thing I found was tracking on the drive wheel was slightly different than the RH wheel.  The blade was running a little farther back on the drive wheel.

New blade, new belts, new alignment, new spring washers.  It's back to sawing perfectly again with sharp blades or time-to-change blades.

After wearing out a couple polyurethane bushings pretty quickly, I'd say the change to the spring washer assembly is pretty important. 

Just throwing this out there in case it might help somebody.

BT

(Once again I'd like to thank Woodland Mills for their prompt and friendly service.)
HM126

fishfighter

Quote from: btulloh on May 08, 2017, 09:23:49 AM
Deere80, I was following this thread and saw your picture of the issue you were having.  I had been having the same problem recently.  Woodland Mills sent me the spring washer upgrade (free and promptly) which I installed last week.  It improved but didn't completely eliminate the problem.  (The spring washer is a big and necessary improvement over the polyurethane bushing though.)

My belts were on their last legs, so I replace them and went through a general alignment - guides, tracking, etc.  The main thing I found was tracking on the drive wheel was slightly different than the RH wheel.  The blade was running a little farther back on the drive wheel.

New blade, new belts, new alignment, new spring washers.  It's back to sawing perfectly again with sharp blades or time-to-change blades.

After wearing out a couple polyurethane bushings pretty quickly, I'd say the change to the spring washer assembly is pretty important. 

Just throwing this out there in case it might help somebody.

BT

(Once again I'd like to thank Woodland Mills for their prompt and friendly service.)

Last couple logs I sawed with my 126, I started seeing this problem. :( Did a alignment, have new belts. Kind of though it might be that I sharpen my own blades. Well early this morning, I had put a new blade on. Same problem. :(

Called Woodland and asked about the up grade and sure as heck they agree and the best part, they are sending me the replacement parts up grade for free. ;D

I have to say, after having my mill over two years and the seller coming across and sending me replacement parts to up grade my mill is beyond. This is the second time that they did this for me. I can't say enough to thank them. Not to many companies will step in after a warrant and replace parts for free. That should tell someone what kind of support one gets with a Woodland Mills. Forestry Forum should be proud to have them as a sponsor. And yes, thank you Woodland. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!