iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Johndeere 648H

Started by Lockwood, March 18, 2017, 11:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockwood

G, day , can anyone help with JohnDeere648H issue , display says engine oil pressure sensor out of range low 100.4 would like to put pressure gauge on to check oil pressure but not sure where to tap in , looks like a plug connector on filter housing , would this do? Any help would be appreciated.

bushmechanic

I would just take out the oil pressure sensor and put the gauge in there just to check to see what it is. It will most likely shut down if the ecm doesn't see oil pressure but you should have enough time to see what it is.

Lockwood

Thanks bushmechanic , machine is 07 model but I've only put 300 hrs on it and not that familiar with it's sensor locations , did look around sump/filter area but couldn't really see a sensor could you describe the location please .I dont have any books with the skidder and they seem hard to track down in OZ .

bushmechanic

I'm going to assume that it has the 6068 engine in it so if I remember correctly the sensors are on the left side of the engine as viewed from sitting in the operator's seat, just ahead of and below the starter. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guy's. In my experience if you disconnect the sensor plug and there is oil dripping out of the inside of the sensor then it is usually gone.

Thank You Sponsors!