iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Desparate to mill logs

Started by miro, March 17, 2017, 05:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miro

I practically couldn't believe it when I saw it

http://woodgears.ca/big_bandsaw/sawmilling.html

There's always more than one way to skin a cat  or saw a log.

Magicman

I am going to give you an "I" for ingenuity, a "G" for guts, and a "B" for bravo, because you certainly do not hesitate to tackle a project.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

Making do... Good video... Wish I knew where to get
one of them power hammers.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

kelLOGg

Quote from: Kbeitz on March 17, 2017, 06:18:24 PM
Making do... Good video... Wish I knew where to get
one of them power hammers.

:D :D :D :D  ...and you surely do work fast. Pretty incredible undertaking and results.
Bob

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Clover

I'm just as impressed with the fact that the bandsaw was homemade also. Very cool.
The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

bandmiller2

Where theirs a will theirs a way, I got tired just watching. You have the skill and tenacity to build a big band mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Don P

I've followed his you tube channel, quite an amazing fellow.

YellowHammer

Very ingenious, but while watching the video, I am reminded how much I like my hydraulic band mill.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Chuck White

Got to admit, I'm impressed!   8)    8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

Who else grinned and almost laughed watching him hammer in fast forward?  :D
That being said, this guy was most desperate to mill that log.  Most of us probably know this feeling.  Of course, the first time I got something useful out of a log using a chainsaw mill I was ecstatic.  Then I had to build a bandmill and everything changed.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!