iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things that make you scratch your head

Started by bedway, March 17, 2017, 11:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Hey guys,

I have an event that occurred that maybe some of you could comment on or have an explanation for. About a week ago I was at a friends house and took several pictures with my phone. The next day my wife says to me something happened that has her freaked out. After she calms down she proceeds to tell me what it is. Shes on her cell phone and went in to look at some pictures she had taken days earlier. Low and behold she says look, the pictures I had taken on my phone were now in her gallery on her phone. Her first thought was she had mistakenly grabbed my phone. Not so, it was her phone, yet the pictures from my phone were now on her phone. She says to me "old man, what are you up to?". As usual anything we cant explain is my fault. ;D Maybe I need to start shopping around for an exorcist?

btulloh

I don't know all the specifics, but there are some settings related to sharing, etc. that can make this possible.  Perhaps someone will weigh in with more detail, but I wouldn't start the incantations just yet.
HM126

clearcut

iPhones? Then iCloud Photo Library explains this event.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/photos/

QuoteiCloud Photo Library stores every photo and video you take, and keeps them up to date on all your devices. Any edits you make are automatically updated everywhere. iCloud Photo Sharing makes it easy to share photos and videos with exactly the people you want to see them.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

coxy

its a good thing you didn't have a girlfriends pic on there  ;) :D :D 8)

Brian_Weekley

I don't have an iphone but we use ipads.  I have several saved links along the top of the menu bar for sites like the "Forestry Forum".  One day, my links started disappearing and other sites started to appear like shoe and clothing stores!  Apparently, the iCloud was sharing those links among various devices, and she was deleting the links on her ipad that she didn't want to see (which was also deleting them from mine).  I can't understand why she didn't want a link to the Forestry Forum?   ???
e aho laula

drobertson

Sounds similar to an air drop? But this had to be a deliberate action I believe,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

clearcut

iCloud is automatic if enabled, and works with a single iCloud account, giving access to all photos from every iDevice that's logged into that account. The devices can be anywhere with internet connectivity. iCloud can be switched on or off from Settings.

AirDrop allows you to select individual photos or files and send them to a nearby iDevice, within Bluetooth range. You can select people in your contacts, or everyone nearby with AirDrop. AirDrop can be switched between off, contacts, or everyone in the Control Center. Control Center is reached by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Thank You Sponsors!