iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo Cs 590 Timberwolf

Started by Tim Ms193T, March 16, 2017, 03:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Ms193T

I am thinking about purchasing an Echo CS 590 Timberwolf before I do I would like to hear some input and information about it somebody who owns one personally I would like to know the pros and cons of this saw please and thank you very much

ButchC

I have a small amount of experiance,  one tank of fuel through a 600P  which is same saw with some H-D upgrades. These are actually Shindaiwa designs in Echo clothes. My impression of the 600 was same as any other Echo I have operated. Performance and handling is about on par with the mid  grade saws from the big two. I like haveing a real kill swith and seperate choke controls. It is just a bit bulky in handling compared to my 036 and 562 but not terrible. For the asking  price for 600P I would look elsewhere but with the deep discounts for the 590 I would seriously consider it if I wanted another 60cc saw and there was a servicing dealer near by.  I think they were $399 at Rural King yesterday.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

ladylake

A CS590 is way above the big 2 mid range saws every where, build quality,  cutting speed., good price' Really close to their pro saws.  As with any Echo the muff needs to be opened up( just the deflector)  and tuned good. There are vids on you tube of them cutting.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

old 030

I've owned two 590's, a 600P and most recently bought both a 620PW and a Shindaiwa 600SX, my 590's were great firewood saws, and for the price are well worth it..... ;)

thecfarm

I would look for deal support too. I have to like the guy I'm buying it from.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drlewis

i have a 590 now for two years runs great use it more then my 562 xp buy another one if i had too

21incher

I have owned one for some time now and am very happy with it. It is always easy to start and runs great. I have a great local dealer that helped me make the decision to try Echo . I also bought a little CS 310 for the small stuff with no problems. I think the 590 is a better made saw then the MS-290 saw that it replaced and would no hesitate to buy another. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

luvmexfood

Love mine. And it's been worked hard and put up wet.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

ButchC

Has anyone operated the 620 version? Advertised HP is like 15%? higher than the 590 and 600 and  that would put that chassis in a lot different light, right there with the best of them.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Case W11B

SawTroll

As far as I know, the 590 is a "cheapened" version of the 600, with more plastic in the construction, but the same power (3.0 kw/4.1 hp in Europe, but may be lower in the US, for EPA reasons). The 620 has more power and also more metal in the construction, but also is a bit heavier, according to specs.

Power to weight (of the 620) still isn't on par with the top contenders in the 60cc class, but much closer than with the 590 and 600, despite a little more weight (caused by more metal and less plastic). Other brands make lighter saws with more metal though - and more power.

As far as I know all those Echo saws are Shindaiwa saws, so they may be radioactive (that's a joke, but the Shindaiwa factory is in Hiroshima).  :D

Bottom line, both Echo and Shindaiwa always were mediocre brands at best, and merging them doesn't make a great one, although it may help Echo some, as it used to be the more "mediocre" of them.
Information collector.

ladylake

Seems like most that actually own and run them really like them including me and yes I have other saws like a 385xp Husky, Dolmar 7900, Stihl 044 all good saws.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

hopm

Bought my 590 new in the box for $335. I think you would be hard pressed to find any equivalent saw for that money.

D2 Cody

Absolutely can't go wrong if you have a good dealer and dealer support. I have 2 590s, my brother runs an older 420 for trimming and a 680 for falling, another faller at work runs a 590 and my other buddy runs a 450 for trimming. I also have had several stihls and another faller at work runs strictly husky. This is like the age old dodge, chevy, ford argument. We love our echos for the easy starting, power, decent weight, and etc etc. I really like my stihls but honestly our 590s and 680 will go toe to toe with the stihls and husky at least for the walnut, oak, and hedge we cut. Call me what you want I don't care. We cut semi after semi loads of sawlogs, firewood loads, and hedge fence posts with these saws. I have pics I can post if you would like that you would be amazed what these supposibly junk Japanese saws can cut. For the price and dealer support here it was a no brainer. Not dissing anyone or any brand as to each there own it just all depends on location, conditions, type of job and etc. Like I said I love my stihls to and husky are nice also, never owned one but been around them at work so take time and do some shopping around and talk to your local dealers and make a decision based on your personal judgement what would suite you best.
Take care my friend and happy saw hunting.
Are you just going to lay there and bleed or get up and do something about it..Wyatt Earp Tombstone

Echo-Stihl-Caterpillar-Dodge-Craftsman-Lincoln

old 030

Quote from: SawTroll on March 17, 2017, 06:09:44 PM
As far as I know, the 590 is a "cheapened" version of the 600, with more plastic in the construction, but the same power (3.0 kw/4.1 hp in Europe, but may be lower in the US, for EPA reasons). The 620 has more power and also more metal in the construction, but also is a bit heavier, according to specs.

Power to weight (of the 620) still isn't on par with the top contenders in the 60cc class, but much closer than with the 590 and 600, despite a little more weight (caused by more metal and less plastic). Other brands make lighter saws with more metal though - and more power.

As far as I know all those Echo saws are Shindaiwa saws, so they may be radioactive (that's a joke, but the Shindaiwa factory is in Hiroshima).  :D

Bottom line, both Echo and Shindaiwa always were mediocre brands at best, and merging them doesn't make a great one, although it may help Echo some, as it used to be the more "mediocre" of them.
Sorry Niko, but this time I'm going to speak up, if you feel Electrolux is on the right path, I don't want to be on it, I do still own several earlier designed Huskys and J-Reds and that's it, I don't care for the strat saws that they bought the rights to, or the autotune saws, I don't ever hear you complain about all the problems there's been with the A/T saws, the very weak clutches in the 435/440 series saws, after buying both the 620PW and the 600sx I will say it does make the 590/591 look chinchy, but they're priced accordingly, to me the big plus with the 590,591,600p,620,600sx is that they're not strat or A/T designed saws, just a very old school well designed saws that run and work very well even if they're a little heavier, these saws feel very good in the hands as well and are easy to work on, another big plus, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another over a Husky or a Stihl, do I like every Echo saw made, hell no, but the 620 and 600sx have a place of their own, in my hands.... ;D

ladylake

I was just talking to a logger yesterday running a 660 Stihl . I asked why  he didn't have a 661, he said no way too much trouble with the auto tune.  Steve

yankees1

Well, my first post but I just happened to purchase an Echo 590 last week and ran it for the first time yesterday ! Fantastic saw and starts easily but just make sure you push the decompression button before pulling the cord. Also, make sure you don't over choke it and cause it to flood as you will foul the plug ! I know because I did this ! Very happy with this saw.

Klicker

I bought a 590 about a month ago. It is only the second chainsaw I bought  new I like it a lot.I have run about 2 gallons through it. I also have to two huskys and a Jonsred  That I have run for a number of years. It is nice to have a new saw that runs great and cuts what I want.
2006 LT 40 HD

Kbeitz

All this talk about Echo. Where does the 760 fall in... Good? Bad?
I'm asking because I got one real cheap. Looks like it was never used.
From the factory the on/off switch was wired up backwards.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

old 030

Quote from: Kbeitz on March 19, 2017, 08:02:40 AM
All this talk about Echo. Where does the 760 fall in... Good? Bad?
I'm asking because I got one real cheap. Looks like it was never used.
From the factory the on/off switch was wired up backwards.
670?

ladylake

trapper

Went to local farm show yesterday.  Local dealer was selling the 590 for $320.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sharkey

Quote from: trapper on March 30, 2017, 11:11:27 AM

Cant beat that price!

I like the 620pw and noticed theyre on sale thru the website for $589.

ButchC

Quote from: sharkey on March 30, 2017, 10:43:59 PM
Quote from: trapper on March 30, 2017, 11:11:27 AM

Cant beat that price!

I like the 620pw and noticed theyre on sale thru the website for $589.

The regular handle version of the 620 is also $559 direct from Echo, that's getting cheap enough to make me want one.  Of curiosity is that the 24" bar 620 P is $20 cheaper than a  24" 600P?? Must have a bunch of them they need to move??? Not often that you will see an Echo product cheaper at the direct store than anywhere else.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Case W11B

Thank You Sponsors!