iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thars Gold in them thar........TANKERS!?

Started by Texas Ranger, December 09, 2004, 03:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Just in time for Christmas shopping...

On Jul 03, the governor's brother, Ahmed (Abu Saif) Witwit, who is in charge of city hall security reported the following information to Task Force 1/4 XO, Maj Holahan: Three days ago, local police stopped a fuel truck because it had improper license plates. The driver was released and the truck impounded at the government's truck lot. This morning, the> governor's brother received an anonymous phone call, offering 15 million Iraqi Dinar for the fuel truck. The governor's brother declined the offer, mustered six security personnel, and proceeded to the impound lot.

At the impound lot, they inspected the vehicle. There were 6 padlocks  that sealed the fuel storage tank. The fuel storage tank was empty of fuel but allegedly had "some sort of metal bricks".

The truck was taken to city hall and turned over to Major Holahan. The truck was susequently brought to Babylon. Here are the pictures of what was in the fuel truck. Sounds like a movie script. The bricks are beingJust in time for Christmas shopping...

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Danny_S

The sad part is is that if it had the same ammount of fuel in there with the price of fuel these days it would be worth about the same!!

:D   :D
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Fla._Deadheader

Makes ya wonder about the WMD's, EH ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Brad_S.

I'll bet that Major Holihan takes alot of grief being called "Hot Lips" all the time! :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

rebocardo

A brick that size of gold would weigh at least 40 pounds.

$300oz x 16oz x 40 pounds x 1000 bricks = $192,000,000

Is this a fake story? I know SH's sons took about a BILLION dollars (U.S.!) out of the banks in tractor trailers before the invasion. But, I do not think there was enough spare gold, 40,000 pounds, floating around to use as cash and convert to bricks.

Texas Ranger

beenthere

That's a nice find. Wonder where it will end up and what it will be used for in the long haul. Maybe the UN wants it back so they can continue with their bribes of other countries.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

DON!  Ya gotta get the picture widths down. I got more work then I can handle now. 350 pixles wide MAX!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

I don't believe it. That Dude holdin that bar, would be holding WAAAAYYYYY more than 40 #. Gold is 2 X heavier than Lead. That bar would weigh over 75 pounds. That guy ain't THAT strong. ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Thats the same thing I was thinking. 75 lbs held in the hand like that? Come on. How come this wasn't all over the networks?  

Tom

He's holding it up with one hand 'cause he's a MARINE!

May be it's not on the networks because they haven't gotten their feet out of their mouths from the last time. :D

Maybe that gold is going to make a bunch of soldiers rich after the war. ;D  Didn't you see the movie? (I liked Donald Sutherland best) :D :D

If you think a marine can't hold a bar of gold in one hand, YOU tell him. :D :D :D

Phorester

Check out his expression.   His adrenalin rush is helping him hold up his retirement income.

etat

Tom, what I REALLY liked was the souped up tank with the fake gun barrel.  :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Tom

Yeah. ......and the music played over the loud speakers ......and that dumb grin Sutherland exhibited. :D

VA-Sawyer

Wasn't that the tank with 3 speeds reverse and 1 speed foward, because he liked to be able to get out of trouble faster than he got into it ?  ;D   I think the characters name was Oddball !

etat

Sho nuff.  They knowed  they couldn't out shoot em, so they fixed er up so's they could our run em, or fake em out with that music blarin! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

slowzuki

Texas Ranger

Jeff, sorry about the width, I can barely find out how to reduce the thing to under 15,000, need to try and work on the width.  Any suggestions?  Using Zat.com optimizer and have not found the pixel thingy yet.

Never mind, just found it.

Neat pictures though.

To yee of little faith.  Look at the Marines shoulders and tell me he aint holding 40 pounds in that hand.  And as far as brass and oather metals, hey, its Iraq, Saddam hustled somebody into thinking it was gold.

OneWithWood

Maybe they could armor their humvees with the stuff!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

My shouylder slumps like that just trying to wave my left hand.

That story is dated july 2003.

Fla._Deadheader

I don't care HOW tough them Marines are. I have held a LOT of gold. They AIN"T that tough.  Nice post, though. Y'all know I shoot from the hip, so, Fire Away. ;D ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Texas Ranger

Yep, and I shoot from the lip, keeps me in a lot of trouble around the house!!!!!! ;D

Thank You Sponsors!