iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440b blade valve

Started by ohiowoodchuck, March 14, 2017, 09:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiowoodchuck

I notice that while my skidder is sitting there idling the blade will raise up by itself. I figure the spool is not seating all the way or fluid is bypassing in the valve. Are these worth rebuilding or am I better just putting a regular valve on there. I hear there was a updated valve that was way less complicated but haven't seen a part number. If anybody has changed there's over could you post some part numbers please.
Education is the best defense against the media.

snowstorm

Deere made a update kit to replace the blade valve. Back in the  80's . Now your on your own. You need a closed center valve. You will have to build a bracket to mount it. I changed mine over a long time ago

ohiowoodchuck

Got any part numbers on what you used

snowstorm

Buy a closed center valve. Build a bracket to mount it. A couple tees oil in and return. You can use the lever that is there.  It was 25 yes ago that I did mine

ohiowoodchuck

I found a certain place selling newer conversion kits, but 400 is to much to spend for a 100.00 valve.

snowstorm

if that includes everything to convert it its a bargain.

ohiowoodchuck

it appears to be just a valve with a block mounted to it and maybe all the hoses go into it, vs having to buy the tee fittings etc.

Thank You Sponsors!