iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cheap drum switch

Started by dustyhat, March 13, 2017, 09:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

Was wondering if any of you guys ever used the ugly green drum switches of of Ebay. yea i know you get what you pay for, but ya know how it is. new Dayton's are pricey ,and i need more than one. any help appreciated.

pineywoods

Nope, never used them. Usually bad drum switch is one or more broken fingers. those fingers are replaceable. Drill out the rivet that holds them in place, fasten new one with small machine screw...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Larry

Dayton is Grainger's house brand and the drum switch probably comes from the same place the ugly green ones come from.

Search ebay for AB, Furnas, and Square D.  I find them in the junkyard and industrial auctions. 

I bet Kbeitz has a huge collection of AB drum switches just waiting for the market to top out. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Kbeitz

I do have a drawer full of them... But... The reason behind it
is that they are all different. Be careful when you buy one that
it's the one you need. There is so many different ones.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

petefrom bearswamp

Are you guys talking the drum switch for WM mills?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Czech_Made

Quote from: dustyhat on March 13, 2017, 09:10:31 PM
Was wondering if any of you guys ever used the ugly green drum switches of of Ebay. yea i know you get what you pay for, but ya know how it is. new Dayton's are pricey ,and i need more than one. any help appreciated.

I got one for my sawmill, later switched to paddle switch from Grizzly, but the ugly green - haha, best name to call it :) - serves on my 240V  table saw.

Not bad if you use it within its limits.

dustyhat

Thanks for the feedback guys, mine wont be used on a saw .will be using it on a little milling machine i put back together, just something i like to do is find old neglected machines and clean them up and make them run again

Kbeitz

I think we would all like to see a picture of that...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!