iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Motorcycles need Kickstands

Started by Magicman, March 13, 2017, 08:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, everyone knows that a motorcycle needs a kickstand to prop it up when the rider gets off, but this is the first time that I have seen.....

The motorcycle rider needing a kickstand to prop himself up when he gets off!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Your next picture will probably be a guy on a Harley with dark glasses, a white cane and a seeing eye dog. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

newoodguy78

Good grief that is definitely a first for me. Saw a dog riding on the tank of a Harley once  :), but  that  walker is certainly classic.
Magic do you have  your camera in a quick draw holster? :D great picture

Gearbox

I bet he was just on his way to sell it for aluminum scrap so he could buy gas to get to work .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

sprucebunny

If your legs are bad enough to need a walker, a crotch-rocket seems like the wrong motorcycle choice.
Either Gearbox has the answer or that guy is taking it home to his granny, wife or neighbor. Or if he's like me, he's going to cut it up and make a contraption  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm gonna wait until the news article comes out before I pass judgement.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

breederman

It could be his. I happend in on a "bike night" at a local establishment.  There were more canes and limps than in a nursing home . I went outside to look for a medi van . ;)
Together we got this !

Roxie

Reminds me of a statement I heard, that growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.  As I am rapidly approaching needing that accessory myself, I think that as long as he still can, good for him! 
Say when

Magicman

Maybe he needs it because of what happened to him when he crashed his old crotch rocket.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

When I was younger I carried a barbecue grill . That is a 2 ft diameter grill along with hundreds of pounds of camping equipment strapped on the back of my bike on a trip to Nashville in 1980.

The other 2 bikes had enough money to afford hotel rooms. I found strapping on a stepladder to be the toughest. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Someone came to the Pig Roast with a case of "blue" strapped to the back of his Harley.   :D

I also watched someone leave the Pig Roast with a chainsaw strapped to the back of his Harley.   ;D

Raider Bill

I've carried kegs of beer on a bike more than once.
A guy I know runs a house painting business off the back of his complete with ladders.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Delawhere Jack

Somewhere along the way mom fell off......  :o

sandhills

:D :D :D That's just funny I don't care who you are!  I met a good friend of mine riding down the road one day on his dirt bike, his son was in front of him, daughter behind, they were holding the ladder and he was driving the bike  ::).  They'd been working on an irrigation pivot and only had about 1/2 mile of gravel road but still.......

Kbeitz

The worst that I have seen was in Dominican Republic.
At my Brother inlaws home I watched 100's of cycles
pull in and out of a LP fill up station with tanks on there
bikes with no end caps.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sawguy21

Lighting one of those off would give Evel Knievel a run for his money.  :D A former co worker with cerebral palsy rides a Harley and manages very well although he doesn't have the stamina to ride more than an hour at a time. He had no problem getting his license but has run into difficulty obtaining mandatory government insurance, the agents won't believe he can ride safely.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jim_Rogers

Some people will do anything to move a ladder to their job site.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WV Sawmiller

Kbeitz,

Same way in parts of Africa. When I was working in Douala, Cameroon in West Africa the most common/cheapest taxi service was called a Bentskin. Was a rider on about a 100 cc bike and I guess when he leaned over the handlebars his skin was bent. I've seen them carrying 3-4 people at a time. I watched guys video local weddings riding backwards on one in front of the car with the bride and groom. Local material transport was often on a little hand cart about the size of our lawn carts. These had what looked like bicycle wheels and half inch pump pipe bent into a tongue/handle. They carried everything on these hand carts. Put sides and ends on them and carried sand and gravel and such. If the teamster was a little flush he might hire a bentskin to tow his cart and they would tie it to the back of the bike and the client would ride to the destination.

We trekked into an area and camped with primitive tribes along the Cameroon/Nigeria border. Drove to the end of the road. Hired trail bike operators to take us down the trail as far as they could go then we walked in. Smugglers in the area used trail bikes to carry all kinds of stuff through the mountains.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kbeitz

Yea they know how to stack the people on...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I ain't got time for a kick stand.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

OK, I have the story and he is for real.  I should have known that I have Grandsons that know the guy. 

His name is David and his nickname is "Shakey".  He had some brain surgeries and had a stroke that left him in the condition that he is in.  Fact is, he is doing the best that he can do with what he has. 

My FF hat is off to you "Shakey" David.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 13, 2017, 09:52:31 PM
I'm gonna wait until the news article comes out before I pass judgement. 
Da Goat was right.   :)

coxy

the last pic of the motor bike must have some good shocks  :D :D

Magicman

More info; Shakey can not or at least does not drive a car.  Maybe he does not own one, because he is always the passenger.

But he does race that motorcycle!!   :o

r.man

Probably like my friend who had Parkinson's, he would fall over walking but that was because the muscles didn't always answer a call to start, he could ride a bicycle just fine once he got going, the problem was when he stopped.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!