iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what followed the Wildflower home.

Started by Jeff, March 13, 2017, 05:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

1983 350, built engine and tranny.  This thing screams Tammy.  :D It'll give me several little things to do, but it runs strong and the body is pretty good for 33 years old.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Autocar

Bill

Jeff

She gave $2000 for it. Compared to the rust bucket trucks from the late 90s to early 2000,s with buku miles that they want that much for, I think she did okay. Those big tires had a lot of tread.

Jeff

Engine and compartment need some cleaning.

Magicman

That will teach you.  Someday you may learn to not smile so much when you are having fun. :o  Now she is having the fun.  :D  You go girl!   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yea, shes going to make me get on all fours so she can use me as a step to get in it.

Don P

I see Edelbrock valve covers, does it have the whole top end package? I think they make around 400 HP  8)

Jeff

The engine came out of a dirt track stock car is all we know ( or told more accurately). The car was wrecked, and the engine sold and put in the blazer. The intake is edelbrock and I think the carb may be to. I didnt look it over completely, but any holly I ever saw was real proud about putting the name where you can see it. This does not.  You can tell it has a cam in it by the was it idles.  When we tested it yesterday, the owner took off from a rolling start(with us as riders) and it squawked those big meats.

samandothers

Very cool, new toy!  Tractors from 50's-ish  T-bird from 60's, blazer from 80's  next something from 70's?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on March 13, 2017, 06:03:22 PM
The engine came out of a dirt track stock car............

:o :o :o OMG! Please look out for Goat Crossing signs.  :D :D :D :D :D

I love your truck Tammy!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

Looks like Tammy found Big Foot. Good luck with it. That would look real good with a Forestry Forum sticker on the side. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

newoodguy78

Jeff your comment about you being used as a ladder made me chuckle. The first thing I looked for in the picture was some kind of hidden steps for her to climb in.No doubt she already has that part figured out.
Nice looking rig, I like it!

Ox

Good looking truck for a really good price!  Does it have 1/2 ton truck axles under it or the stock axles?  If stock I'd be worried about hammering on it.  Doubling the power going through drive train usually breaks expensive things.  I certainly don't want to rain on your guys' happy parade, just trying to be a realist and help keep money in your pockets.  :)  In fact, those bigger tires might be a little worse because with stock tires being hammered on they would probably spin out and save the axle and u joints/driveshaft. 
Please don't take this post as a bashing post as it's not meant to be.  I really like the new truck and I hope it performs perfects for yas I just don't want to see bad things happen with a heavy foot because with a strong V8 it's hard to keep your foot out of it!  ;)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

petefrom bearswamp

Oldie but goody, looks like lots of fun.
Wish I still had my 78, last of the regular leaded burners.
Congrats
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Quote from: Ox on March 14, 2017, 08:26:43 AM
Good looking truck for a really good price!  Does it have 1/2 ton truck axles under it or the stock axles?  If stock I'd be worried about hammering on it.  Doubling the power going through drive train usually breaks expensive things.  I certainly don't want to rain on your guys' happy parade, just trying to be a realist and help keep money in your pockets.  :)  In fact, those bigger tires might be a little worse because with stock tires being hammered on they would probably spin out and save the axle and u joints/driveshaft. 
Please don't take this post as a bashing post as it's not meant to be.  I really like the new truck and I hope it performs perfects for yas I just don't want to see bad things happen with a heavy foot because with a strong V8 it's hard to keep your foot out of it!  ;)

She breaks it, she fixes it.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

red

Carb looks like a Rochester Quadrajet. S10 trucks use the same rear axle as a Camaro so lots of parts are easy to find. If no tag on axle for gear ratio, just rotate rear tire one revolution and count how many times rear drive shaft turns. Check out the lift kit  make sure all steering was done right.  Looks like a Fun Ride. Best of Luck.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

loggah

Jeff,WOW !!!How is that chevy going to get along with that "T" bird ???? ;D ;D I used to have vehicles like that many years ago ,lots of fun !!! ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

I stood on my tip toes and took a couple pics of the inside. A little dingy, but other than that, no rips, the carpet is really good.

Magicman

I can think of a "honeymoon" trip that that (Tom) ride needs to make.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I'm anxious for it to warm up to where I can get a good look under it. It has a transmission leak somewhere it appears, So I am not willing to bring it in the polebarn until I know where. I'm guessing a rear seal from sitting, as I see drips in the snow from the transmission clear to the rear differential. So, it probably was traveling up the driveshaft. No plates, so I can't take it up to the car wash, so I need wrmer weather so I can get out my pressure washer. Probably a month anyway before I turn on the outside water.

Its really dirty. That last picture shows around the inside of the door. Ya'll that came to the pigroast remember the honey-dew and associated black mold it turns into? that is what that is in all the crevasses

Marty

I really like your....ummm her truck. It's got two of the most important things. Big motor and Big Tires.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Put an 8 track tape player in it. I wish I still had one.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

You LIKED rewinding those with a pencil ???  :D That truck set up the way it is would be fun for mud bogging and street racing but a dirt track engine would be a poor choice  for serious turkey trailing. Here the key is low end torque.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!