iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt30 year 1982

Started by lmo506, August 30, 2017, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmo506

Hi Folks , feel free to direct me to a thread if one exists.
I have a 1982 lt30 .It was the first one in the maritime provinces. whoopwhoop. Anyway I can't seem to find the book and its in dire need of a alignment. Do I loosen off the guide rollers so they dont touch the blade at all and then align the blade to the bed +1/16 on the outer end. After that I forget how to adjust the guides.Does the front of the blade point up or down a 16th. and how much down pressure are the guides supposed to have? Any help is appreciated
I have never pretended to be anything I'm not, except sober, I've pretended to be sober a few times

Bob_T

If you get ahold of Wood-Mizer and give them your  machine's serial number they will send you a link to download a free copy of the manual. In the meantime I'm sure someone will soon  post detailed answers to your questions.
1959 FWD Model 286 Dump Truck
1955 Allis Chalmers HD-6G Crawler Loader
1941 GMC CCKW 6X6
Wood-Mizer LT30 G18

MartyParsons

Hello,
  82 would be a early mill. Adjustments would be the same as today. There are times you can not get the 1/4" deflection on the blade so you do the best you can on the early mills. This would have a lower roller and a top roller. I remove the lower roller on these early mills. Lower blade guide roller not needed.
Manual is still available and is not very expensive.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!