iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

video of my kiln

Started by teed, March 12, 2017, 07:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teed

Received many questions about my Sauno wood kiln VT3 so I did what I always do.
A small film on youtube, hope you like it even though my English pronunciation is not always so good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rriHEBaAX7k
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Savannahdan

Enjoyed your video.  Apparently there are still issues with getting that kiln here in the U.S.  That would be a good size for me.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WLC

Always enjoy your videos.  Thanks.  Looks like a nice size kiln for a small producer like me.  What is total drying time?  How well does it dry air dried wood and how much faster to dry air dried than green?
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

teed

Quote from: WLC on March 12, 2017, 11:07:51 PM
Always enjoy your videos.  Thanks.  Looks like a nice size kiln for a small producer like me.  What is total drying time?  How well does it dry air dried wood and how much faster to dry air dried than green?

There will not be any major difference if the wood is air-dried or not. After that it steams all of the wood in 3-6 days.
I usually let the kiln dry slowly in order to get the best quality of the wood. Takes about 3-4 weeks.
But know many that run in 9-10 days

samandothers

Thank you for sharing.  That does look like a good size kiln for the small quantities I would need or want.   

I wonder why there is not be a similar unit her in North America.

Savannahdan

Bailey's handles the Logosol stuff in the US and they told me to check on their site periodically to see if it is re-stocked.  Not sure I feel like doing that.  I sent messages to Logosol and Logosol USA and got no answers from either of them.  Couldn't find anything on the internet regarding problems with the units. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

j_d

I'm in the same boat.  I would absolutely love one of these kilns but can't find anyone to sell me one or tell me when they might be available.  Anyone aware of an outlet or contact other than Bailey's?
Thanks,
Josh
God, Family, Tribe

Ljohnsaw

Not sure how I missed this the first time around.  Looks like a great product.  In the video, it sounded like the door was foam.  Is the whole unit just a foam box?  Is the unit just a heater/blower or also a steam generator?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Brad_bb

Why do you "steam" the wood?  It looks like you are doing softwood, maybe aspen?  How would that system work with hardwood like Ash or oak?

I've contacted Logosol also to get information about their 4 head molder and never got any response from them.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Lucas_USA

Hi There Brad_bb,

If you PM me your address I can get a Logosol Catalog coming your way. We do stock the 4 headed moulders here In California. If you would like to speak with a Logosol Rep you can dial 877 LOGOSOL(1-877-564-6765) or 888 465 8227.

Savannahdan

LUCAS_USA, welcome to the FF.  Do you have any information regarding the Sauno Kiln that you can share with us?  Thank you.

j_d

God, Family, Tribe

teed

I asked logosol when I was at the Elmia wood fair. Apparently, there are some components that need to be changed to get the dryer legal after law change in the US. But they are working on it.

teed

Quote from: Brad_bb on July 03, 2017, 12:39:47 PM
Why do you "steam" the wood?  It looks like you are doing softwood, maybe aspen?  How would that system work with hardwood like Ash or oak?

I dry a lot of hard wood like ash, alm oak, rowan, maple. I use vapors to open the pores in wood and suck the moisture from the center first. If you dry with heat only the wood pull together and trapping moisture in the center of the board.

123maxbars

good video, thanks for sharing,
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!