The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Woodland Mills HM126 tracking problem  (Read 1603 times)

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
Re: Woodland Mills HM126 tracking problem
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 08:07:42 am »
Well I finally figured out what the problem was. They sent me the new spring washers. Big improvement over the bushing. Sent it to me for free too. Wasn't the problem though. I took the belt off to look at it and it still looked new. Decided to say the hell with it and put the old one back on. Come to find out the new one that was on there was not quite the same belt. This was the belt they sent me in the parts kit. It was a little narrower and the V grooves were not quite as big as the old one. Put the old one back on, problem solved.

Good to hear this. My replacement belts that I buy local are Gates belts. Much better then the stock belts that came with the mill. In fact, when my mill was about a month old, I called them reporting that the stock belt was breaking up. They sent me a new set of Gate belts for free. Now that is service after the sale. ;D Some good people over there. ;D

Offline clintnelms

• Full Member x2
  • Woodland Mills HM126
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 08:12:26 am »

[/quote]

Good to hear this. My replacement belts that I buy local are Gates belts. Much better then the stock belts that came with the mill. In fact, when my mill was about a month old, I called them reporting that the stock belt was breaking up. They sent me a new set of Gate belts for free. Now that is service after the sale. ;D Some good people over there. ;D
[/quote]

The service tech I spoke to recommend I use Gate belts also. Said they tend to hold up better.

Offline Savannahdan

• Supposed to be retired.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 10:16:18 am »
Whoops, wrong Woodland owner.  The park is near Metter and Swainsboro. 
Lucas 10-30 Swingsaw Blade Mill, Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill

Offline clintnelms

• Full Member x2
  • Woodland Mills HM126
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 10:27:36 am »
Well I finally figured out what the problem was. They sent me the new spring washers. Big improvement over the bushing. Sent it to me for free too. Wasn't the problem though. I took the belt off to look at it and it still looked new. Decided to say the hell with it and put the old one back on. Come to find out the new one that was on there was not quite the same belt. This was the belt they sent me in the parts kit. It was a little narrower and the V grooves were not quite as big as the old one. Put the old one back on, problem solved.

I called this morning and told them what I found out was wrong and to thank them for sending me the washers and they're sending me a replacement belt for free and i didn't ask them to. You're right, they have fantastic customer service.

Offline mitchstockdale

• I'm new!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 08:23:14 am »
Anyone ever had tracking issues? I know how to adjust the tracking. The problem I'm having is on the right drive wheel side. I can make a minor adjustment,  1/4 inch turn or even less, and the blade travels too far forward on that side. Adjust it again the opposite way and it travels too far back on the wheel. That's spinning by hand after torquing the tension to 35 ft lbs. Left non-drive wheel is tracking fine. I can't seem to find the sweet spot. Never had this problem in the past. No matter how little I turn the adjustment nuts it just won't track correctly. Any ideas? The mill is about a year or so old. I've probably milled less than 20 logs. Only went through 10 blades since I've had it so it's not been used a lot. I say that because I've wondered if it's a bad bearing wheel on that side, but seems like I haven't had enough usage for that yet. Spent all day on Saturday trying to get it adjusted and never could get it to track flush with the back of the wheel.

I had this similar issue when i first received my mill in the late fall...i was following the manual from their website which detailed 35ft-lbs torque so i was torquing the thing to 35ft-lbs but the newer mills with the spring washers only require 25ft-lbs of torque as per the manual that came with my mill and the sticker on the mill..oops !!!!....once i re-adjusted the torque to 25ft-lbs everthing ran nice.

Offline clintnelms

• Full Member x2
  • Woodland Mills HM126
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 09:20:08 am »
I had the bushing at the time. Since then I've replaced it with the new spring washers. So far no problems.

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 06:41:09 pm »
I had the bushing at the time. Since then I've replaced it with the new spring washers. So far no problems.

So, what is this spring or bushing you are talking about?

Offline clintnelms

• Full Member x2
  • Woodland Mills HM126
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 09:46:48 pm »
The Mills prior to 2017 had a urethane bushing on the T handle that you torque for blade tension. The 2017 models come with 4 sets of spring washers instead of the bushing. Changes the torque from 35 lbs to 25 lbs. They'll send them to you for free if you call and ask for them. They did for me at least.

Offline mattyo5

• Newish here!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 09:53:26 pm »
Even though the belt was the ticket here..my bandwheel bearings went at 300 hours or so....so keep an eye on that and I'd be prepared to swap them around that time.  Check my youtube channel for the vids. 
Woodland Mills HM126 Sawmill - modded
Husqvarna 385xp rebuilt and ported
Husqvarna 372xp rebuilt and ported
2x Husqvarna 350 ...rebuilt and ported
Hitachi CS33etdb top handle saw