iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help in identifying prentice log loader

Started by Kcorey, March 11, 2017, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kcorey

Hello all. I have came across this loader for sale. I am being told it is a prentice model 40 loader. Is anyone good at identifying these loaders? I just want to be sure it is a model 40, I can't find much online on that model. Thank you   

jdeere540a

I have never seen one like that but the boom and the rack and pinion swing look like the model g I had.

snowstorm

It's smaller than a. G. Dose the seat swing with the rest of it? Don't look it. There are a lot better choices out there. It's got to be 50 yearsenal old

Kcorey

I don't believe there is a seat. I am having a hard time finding any loaders for sale up here . I am in CT, this is in Maine. I am looking for something with a 12-16 foot reach as I want to mount onto a 7 ton trailer for personal use.

Gearbox

It looks like one that came off a forwarder trailer called a dray clam . I ran one in high school about the same time they made one for a single axel truck . ( about 1961)
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Kcorey

I knew it was old, but didn't think it was that old. That's unfortunate, I don't think I want to spend $2000 on something that old .

Gearbox

Call Prentice there still made in Prentice Wisconsin .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Grandpa

Quote from: Gearbox on March 11, 2017, 09:19:45 PM
Call Prentice there still made in Prentice Wisconsin .
No, they are not made in Prentice anymore. Cat closed the Prentice factory last fall. I am not sure but I believe they are made in La Grange GA. now.

Maine logger88

Looks like a old stationary platform F model prentice to me
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Kcorey

Do you think it is worth $2000? Comes with outriggers and grapple

coxy

hell no   you can buy a 110 that's better and will lift more than that  where in CT are you I have seen a some a lot closer to you than Main

Maine logger88

I agree that's a lot of money for that. We bought a 110 all on a truck to run it for 1500 awhile back.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Kcorey

I am in Madison CT. I want something this size so I can mount it onto my 7 ton 6' trailer

coxy

have you looked at the hiebib  (I know I miss spelled it)  loaders have seen a few guys with them on trailers around

Kcorey

HIab? Knuckleboom cranes ? I know I can buy new, I just want to build the trailer for personal use for firewood and milling . So not looking to spend new prices. There is not much for sale around

coxy

those loaders are all over C list cheap and a lot closer than Maine  ill look and see what I come up with and let you know

HuZzEy

It's a F model we had one on a chevy 6500 ours was a F-BC ( be stood for behind cab) it had a platform with a seat

Gearbox

Huzzey Not an F the controls are in the wrong place .

Logger RK

It sure looks like a Prentice F model to me. I have one just like it in my junk yard. It was mounted on a 6X6 years ago. I was just checking it over the other day to see what it should go on next. But I don't  think it's worth more then $500 on a good day 8)

snowstorm

the   f   from the mid to late 70's had the linkage on the stick boom cyl. so was this from the late 60's?? now back to mounting something like this to a trailer. one should be very careful how much weight is mounted to the front of a 7 to 9 ton tag along. with a lot of hitch weight and not much in the rear. as it would be empty. it could be un stable 

OH logger

Quote from: snowstorm on March 18, 2017, 08:13:43 AM
the   f   from the mid to late 70's had the linkage on the stick boom cyl. so was this from the late 60's?? now back to mounting something like this to a trailer. one should be very careful how much weight is mounted to the front of a 7 to 9 ton tag along. with a lot of hitch weight and not much in the rear. as it would be empty. it could be un stable 

mounting it on a gooseneck would be a better option
john

Thank You Sponsors!