iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What the heck is Standard Powertape Flexometro?

Started by livemusic, March 11, 2017, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livemusic

It is rare, indeed, that an extensive google search does not reveal an answer to something like this but it sure happened with this. Numerous sites sell this but provide zero info on what it is. I bought a measuring tape at an estate sale. But the inches are big inches, lol. Far bigger than a regular inch. The label says Standard Powertape Flexometro. It has centimeters on the bottom of the tape. It says "5m-16ft." What is this tape for?
~~~
Bill

Remle

I suspect you have a Diameter Tape :
A diameter tape (D-tape) is a measuring tape used to estimate the diameter of a cylinder object, typically the stem of a tree or pipe. A diameter tape has either metric or imperial measurements reduced by the value of pi. This means the tape measures the diameter of the object. It is assumed that the cylinder object is a perfect circle. The diameter tape provides an approximation of diameter; most commonly used in dendrometry.

Corley5

Is it marked in inches or are they tenths of a foot ???  I've got a tape like that around here somewhere.  Some guys use them for scaling cords.  Surveyors also use them.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

If the inch is 1.2 imperial inches, then it's in tenths like corley said. A D tape the inches would be 3.14 times an imperial inch. There are some special pattern makers rules that are proportioned so that a cast object will be the right size after it cools. If the metric side is correct, then it isn't one of those. My money is on it being an engineer's tape.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

clearcut

Post a photo of a foot or so of the tape and someone here will likely figure it out.

I believe Flexometro is Spanish for tape measure, but my Spanish is limited to "Cerveza fría por favor.", and ¿Dónde está el baño?
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Thank You Sponsors!