iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to Do?

Started by Tome, December 08, 2004, 05:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tome

I have a friend who has 400+acres of land, not for sure how much of it is in timber but they are wanting to select cut it.  They had a sawmiller give them a price of $300,000 for the timber but he wants to cut it all.

What they are wanting to do is find out who will mark it and select cut it for them.  

I don't think this timber has been cut for at least 50 years.  Any help would be appreciated and I will pass it on to them.

I don't think my little 8" peterson would handle the job...lol.  Although I would sure like to cut some of the big stuff with it.

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

They need to seek out and retain a GOOD consulting Forester, before they do anything else. They're dealing with quite a chunk of money, not to speak of the responsibility they have to the land. I hope they don't cave in to the temptation of quick cash and end up on the crappy end of the stick.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Larry

The first thing to do is call the MDC and ask for the forester in your district.  We are very lucky to have an excellent forestry department.  I'm positive the forester would be more than happy to meet with the landowner on site and explain all of the options with possible recommendations at no cost.

Good luck.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!