iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well i guess i did it now!! UPDATE with MRI report

Started by Woodhauler, March 07, 2017, 07:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Quote from: kensfarm on March 10, 2017, 08:27:15 PM
Might put some heat on it.. nice hot shower , 

And some Crown Royal,  ;D  Get well soon.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Don P

This is short but some pretty clear reading about what is going on;
https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-Conditions/Bursitis-of-the-Shoulder.aspx

This might be a better pic of the bursa that is causing the problem, you've got a couch pillow in there right now.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bursitis/multimedia/bursitis-of-the-shoulder/img-20006772

Keep that elbow pinned to your side for awhile or the bursa just stays blown up. If you push through that repeatedly it isn't good. It sucks but if you're good to it it will keep it from being a whole lot worse. My unfixed shoulder is where you'll be soon enough. I had things to do here the other day but took the wife on a cruise just to be away from temptation, I could feel mine puffed up, that 440 lb trebuchet weight got away from me a little bit the other week when I was welding it up and a few more fibers went. OK, so I took her on a cruise all the way to Blacksburg, but we did tour the Napa  ;D

Ed_K

Rita made up a rice bag. We put it into the  microwave for a few seconds to a minute. When it's hot I put it on my neck or lower back. It help's a lot.
Ed K

Hilltop366

Sorry to hear of your injury Woodhauler.

Google "Ice or heat", I was told heat is for sore muscles and ice is for injuries and if swollen never use heat.

Hope you recover quickly!

p.s
I use "811 Nova Scotia" for info, it is run by the provincial health care department so no one is trying to sell you something. Under search you can look up "shoulder injury"

Woodhauler

Well I had to move my truck out of garage and that told me I'm not ready to go haul wood! Had all I could to turn the key and then release parking brake.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Had a long night, pain was severe! Had to pop another happy pill at midnight! Today is so so. I am getting restless. First real cold snap in a month and im messed up.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Kbeitz

When I had my rotater cuff torn the pain didn't  go away until I got it fixed.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Woodhauler

Think im giving up on happy pills! Even though I only take them at night, I'm sleepy during the day too! I can move it some but like someone earlier said it sounds like a bowl of rice crispys! Pain is so so.

Ed_K

Woodhauler, I found that taking extra strength Tylenol made the happy pills work better and make me less tired. I have two doctors and three nurse practioners that all say take the pills 😀. I take one pill at four hour intervals and Tylenol's in between.
Ed K

Woodhauler

Well I got one load hauled myself today!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing I cant do is throw straps over load. Guess I will have to have cutters do that for me. Still cant move shoulder straight out. Pain is ok , I can live with it.

Don P

One thing that might help gently loosen it up. Lean forward over a table supporting yourself on the other arm and let the sore one hang down like an elephant's trunk. Just gently dangle and swing it, no power just  loose pendulums and small circles. It helps keep it loose without strain. Mentally try to tuck a newspaper under your armpit and keep it there all day otherwise  ;).

Woodhauler

Well  a update with MRI findings! Not good,  Heres what it said! There is a complete retracted tear of the entire supraspinatus tendon with tendon retracted by 4cm. The tear has occurred within 10mm of the insertion in the greater tuberosity. The tear may involve some of the superior fiber sof the infraspinatus tendon, but the bulk of the infraspinatus tendon appears intact. There is also complete retractedtear of the subscapularis tendon, and the long head of the biceps tendon has slipped completely out of the bicipital groove. There is a moderate amount of fluid in the subacromial/subdeltoid bursa. There is superior subluxation of the humeral head. There is minimual atrophy of the supraspinatus and subscapularius muscles. There is degenerative change in the acromiclaviculay joimt with mild bony overgrowth on its superior margin. there is a type 2 acromion. No humeralfracture is evident. No visable glenoid tear. Small shoulder joint effusion.    Impression; 1 .Massive rotator cuff tear involving the entire supraspinatus tendon and subscapularis tendon, and possibly extending into the most superior fibers of the infraspinatus. 2. Complete displacement of the long head of biceps tendon out of the bicipital groove where it lies along the anterior aspect of the humeral head.  SO in words we all can understand, I AM SCREWED!!!!!!!

DelawhereJoe

Well you are screwed, but just think how much reading and posting you can do for 3 months while you recover.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Kbeitz

You will be screwed... That's how they reattach it...
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Woodhauler

Been reading a lot about my shoulder, its going to be a long road ahead if they do the operation.

Don P

I feel for ya, get it done. On the bright side, you'll never play the accordion. Sounds very similar to my right shoulder a few years back. It'll take a couple of years before you really get all you can back. I've got a second date with the tunnel on Tues to look at the left. We're keeping the boat industry alive  :).

Kbeitz

It took me around 3 years to get over mine....

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

When you see the doc, be sure you tell them to do a good job, with extra screws or glue or whatever. That you don't work at a desk,  :D :D :D
Have a friend had to go back and have it done over, Pulled apart on him. He told the doc to fix it so he can pick him off the floor with one hand.
That worked, my friend is good to go now.
Good luck.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ed_K

Peter you don't understand doctors think everyone work's at a desk :D.
Woodhauler, I hope you can get it fixed. I'll pray for you to be able to get in the truck by fall.
Ed K

Jeff

Don't want to make it any worse, but this aint going to be easy and you need to know going in. I have probably more experience with this of anyone outside of a surgeon. 5 shoulder surgeries. It will get better after surgery but you MUST  MUST, do the P.T. after or it won't. You MUST MUST not do anything outside of the limits set for you after surgery or it won't. None of that "I feel good, maybe I can... DONT DO IT. You can screw the surgery up easily. You are talking a year to recover.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Woodhauler

One of the questions I will have for the surgeon , is how much damage can the fix that's from prior injurys. I have had 2 other major shoulder injuries and never went to doctors . My right shoulder sets 2 inches lower than my left.

Jeff

That sounds like a broken clavicle that grew back wrong. I'd bet he says that's gong to have to stay the way it is.

Woodhauler

Well now I hate this so called Obama care!!!  I don't go to doctors much, but with this I went to a doctor that isn't on my wifes plan!! So I had to have all the stuff switched to her listed doctor, which turns out to be a nurse practiciner! They want to start the whole thing over again! I told them the doctor already put in for surgery, so why cant you just take over from here? They have me down for first doctors visit may 16th to look at shoulder?????? They are requesting records from my current doctor, I told them I have MRI report and it says it screwed. Also asked them what would happen if surgery was before my doctors visit? She didn't know. I could have gone anywhwere  I wanted on our old plan and they would pay no matter what!

Jeff

Please don't make me have to move this to restricted by making it political. I know its frustrating.

Thank You Sponsors!